1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Backpack Srayers/quikpro Roundup

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ajmctree, May 29, 2005.

1. ajmctree

ajmctree LawnSite Member

I have two questions i'm looking for information on ?
    #1 In regards to backpack sprayers what are brand names of quality equipment .I purchased a cheap one because choice was limited and broke the pump out of it before the job was done. Which was maYbe 20 minutes worth.
    #2 Has anyone used quikpro roundup with 73.3% glyphosate and diquate and if so did it work well .Interested on your experience with this product.

2. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

3. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

Swissmex backapacks is all I will use -- I love my SP0's

I use quickpro all the time when I need a quick viusla burndown. Just don't spoil yourself and use it instead of regular roundup for most jobs -- too expensive.
  4. ajmctree

ajmctree LawnSite Member

Thanks for the the info.

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I bought some of the round-up quick pro (the granular stuff) in the 1.5 oz. pouches to give it a try. Frankly, at 1.5 oz per gallon I didn't get that great of results. I was spraying fescue and general annual weeds and had maybe 75% kill. I really made a point to soak them well too. That was 3 weeks ago when I sprayed that and finally a couple days ago I used regular 50% round-up at 3 oz. per gallon and had to hit it all again.
  6. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

love roundup quick pro and use solo sprayers.
  7. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

Shindaka Sprayer is what we use. QuikPro rocks especially if you use a little Scythe in the mix. Burns weeds down in MINUTES. Little tip to save you some money. Mix 3 oz QuikPro, 1.5 oz Scythe, 2 tsp. ammonium sulfate, and a non-ionic adjuvant like Helena Rocket Oil. Mix this with 3 gallons of water for annuals and 2 gallons for perennials and 1.5 gallons for heavy brush. ( 8oz/ gallon is the most you can use according to the label) The plants "sense" nitrogen and suck this stuff up like a python in a bunny cage. More herbicide is translocated to the root and the plant "pops it's clog" as they say back home. That was a little trick I learned from a professor at Davis. :blob3:
  8. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

How does that save some one money ? :confused:
  9. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

It saves money because of no call backs and customers are impressed.
  10. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

EXACTLY!! The effect is astounding when you can walk into an overgrown field and the next morning EVERYTHING is t!ts up.