1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

BACKPACK "TRIMMERS" stihl???????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ezlc2004, Feb 12, 2005.

1. ezlc2004

ezlc2004 LawnSite Member

Can anyone please help me. I'm looking for a backpack trimmer. I thought I found one on the net the other night. It looked like a stihl, but now I can't find it on anything. Are they making a backpack trimmer???? I'm bidding on a big job that will require at least 2 of these for trimming retention pond banks. If you know of this equipment and where I can find it please let me know.
  2. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

the only back pac trimmer i have ever seen was a shindiawa
  3. FLD

FLD LawnSite Member

husky used to make one.
  4. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Zenoah makes one also. The only problem is nobody imports backpack trimmers to the US. There are none available in the US, as far as I know.
  5. mownredneck

mownredneck LawnSite Member

I saw one at a tool show a couple of months ago. It look like a weedeater or a poulan. That was the first and only one I have ever seen.
  6. j fisher

j fisher LawnSite Senior Member

Back Pack Trimmer???? Never even heard of one. Anybody got a pic or link to one. I'd like to see one.
  7. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I never have either :dizzy:
  8. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Years ago I saw backpack trimmers in liturature for Echo or Shindaiwa, but I believe they were large heavy duty units for brush clearing. If you are just "trimming", assuming grass trimming, what's wrong with regular trimmers using a shoulder strap? From what I saw of the backpacks, they are large, heavy and bulky. Next to a pond I would think you would be better off with a handheld, in case you slip you can either throw the trimmer onto land to keep it dry, or let go of it in the water so you aren't dragged down!
  9. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

I found this one doing a quick search.

22.7 lbs., 40cc, flex shaft backpack trimmer with loop handle, 3-tooth blade and stringhead
  10. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw one at a tool show also. For some reason I think it was John Deere, but cannot remember for sure, all I remeber was that it was over $400.00