backpack water?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboy82, Sep 18, 2001.

1. Hey guys and gals. I just bought a camel pack water carrier yesterday. It seems pretty cool. It has some pouches on it for storing some little do-dads. Does anybody here use them, or something similar? I was wondering how yours hold up to the abuse of this industry? My pouch holds 100oz, how will that work out?

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

It would work out to a LOT of visits to the "Peein' in the bushes" areas with these cool temps this time of year!!!

Summer would probably be ok, just dont want to carry around 8 lbs of liquid on my back when its 100+ degrees out. I'd rather take the 2 min break back to the cooler in the truck.

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

lol! "peeing in the bushes" will be a lawnsite legend for eternity!;)

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

somehow someway it always shows back up.

I agree with TLS, don't know if I would want all that weight on in the heat.

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I've got the Camel Bak Lobo for dirt biking. I haven't used it for mowing because it does get hot. I think mine was like $50 but and it's kinda small, just big enough to carry some stuff that you need. We bought this specifically for dirt biking so we didn't' need a huge one. 70 oz. is just enough. Great concept though!

6. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I had an employee that used one for the past two years. He loves it and doesnt even notice the weight. he would drink it all by mid day and refill it for the afternoon. be sure to drink plenty this fall, you still need the liquids if you guys work as hard as you say you do! Daveg

7. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

i use mine year round.

it's easy to become dehydrated in the winter too.

8. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a 100oz. camelbak i use for dh mt. biking and also when it's hot outside while working