backpack with weed & feed plus Q4

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Sep 30, 2007.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

During the past month, I used "weed & feed" liquid out of my 300 gallon Tuflex split tank to fill up my Shurflo SRS-600 backpack sprayers in order to spray nutsedge, crabgrass, foxtail, etc. I used Q4.

It worked like a charm in every case -- including the 100 foot length of nutsedge in our front ditch. I revisited several properties last week, and all the above weeds were dead. So instead of using pure water and perhaps a spreader/sticker, has anyone else tried this?:usflag:

p.s. I do not try this with Roundup due to the nitrogen content.

I realize we're approaching the end of the growing season for many of these weeds, but we're still expecting mid to upper 70's throughout this coming week.

rscvp:waving:

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I have used "weed and feed " solution instead of water from big truck tank many times to fill hand sprayers and Permagreen Ultra. Add weed killer as usual. Works fine--HOWEVER--I sometimes have foaming problems and have to use de-foamer. ALSO tank solution has small particles which have plugged nozzle screens. This year I used a very fine brass coffee filter to filter the solution as I filled the Permagreen tank.