backpack with weed & feed plus Q4

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Sep 30, 2007.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

During the past month, I used "weed & feed" liquid out of my 300 gallon Tuflex split tank to fill up my Shurflo SRS-600 backpack sprayers in order to spray nutsedge, crabgrass, foxtail, etc. I used Q4.

It worked like a charm in every case -- including the 100 foot length of nutsedge in our front ditch. I revisited several properties last week, and all the above weeds were dead. So instead of using pure water and perhaps a spreader/sticker, has anyone else tried this?:usflag:

p.s. I do not try this with Roundup due to the nitrogen content.

I realize we're approaching the end of the growing season for many of these weeds, but we're still expecting mid to upper 70's throughout this coming week.

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I have used "weed and feed " solution instead of water from big truck tank many times to fill hand sprayers and Permagreen Ultra. Add weed killer as usual. Works fine--HOWEVER--I sometimes have foaming problems and have to use de-foamer. ALSO tank solution has small particles which have plugged nozzle screens. This year I used a very fine brass coffee filter to filter the solution as I filled the Permagreen tank.