backpackblowers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by galex, Oct 31, 2006.

1. galex

galex LawnSite Member

Need advise on best backpack blowers , thanks

2. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

3. dennys-lawn

dennys-lawn LawnSite Member

We Run Stihl 600's. If Its Not Nailed Down. It Will Blow It Away.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Get yourself a 10hp pushblower if you don't want to play around all day, those backpacks do ok until the leaves get thick. That, or if you're on a budget, looks like a JRCO leafrake appears to do well.
    Then, most any half-decent backpack like a br-420 to 550 or so, to get the outlines and parts where the push can't get to.
    And last but certainly not least, a decent little handheld like a bg-65 so you can get behind heatpumps and underneath porches and other nooks and crannies where the backpack's too bulky.
    And you're set.

5. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

to do what??

leaves, go big, for just grass clean up you can get a smaller unit with out as much power and save some money.
    I like to keep things simple and stay within the same product line. easy to stock parts as a lot will interchange and also better for me to get service from one dealer.
    I had Echo and the 650 was great. I have switched to Stihl and have the biggest 4 Mix unit but do not feel it is as powerful as the echo was.

I carry a handheld for the small grass stuff and only buy the most powerful backpac when I buy, for moving leaves and big clean up.

6. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 650 and love it. I don't think I will have anything smaller then 650's in the future.

Cheers
    Jeff

7. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

It all depends on what you want to do with it. Are you doing cleanups like the rest of us right now or just blowing off driveways. If your doing cleanups buy the biggest one you can afford. You can drop anywhere from $450 to $550 on a large backpack. Echo has the 750 and now the 755. Redmax has the 8000 and stihl has the br60. Those are to top 3 around my area and seems to be in here too. You will get a million different reasons why someone thinks one is better than the other. Just buy what you feel you can get good service on and shop local and you will be ok. Once you get bigger then shop around and try out the other brands if you think they will suit you better. Good luck out there.