backpak blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BryanB, Feb 18, 2001.

1. BryanB

BryanB LawnSite Member

Whats a good backpack blower to buy. I dont want anything enormous but I know i want a backpack blower.
  2. Mitchell

Mitchell LawnSite Member

I just bought a Sthil 320 bp blower for $300 . It is a good blower if you dont need the monster blowers. WELCOME!!
  3. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

BryanB, welcome to lawnsite. You can do a search for backpack blowers and there is already alot of info on them. If you don't find what you're looking for then get more specific with your question. Just go to the top of the page and click on search and then type in backpack blowers. Good luck, should be alot of threads to read.
  4. BryanB

BryanB LawnSite Member

Can yo give me some details on what I should be looking for. what about a used blower?
  5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

6. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

BryanB, maybe look for the weight of the blowers and the cfm that they blow air at, and mph. Some have alot of mph but not alot of cfm (cubic feet per minute)cfm is what moves the volume of air, and look at engine size also. I think they all are pretty good in the commercial lines. Popular ones seem to be ECHO, REDMAX, SHINDAIWA,ROBIN, and some others. I think they are all relatively close in pricing at around $400 new, give or take a little. Hope this helps.
  7. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

I'll save you the time looking at all those threads -- Get an Echo - the biggest one they sell!
  8. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I would stick with shindaiwa or redmax blowers

[Edited by LoneStarLawn on 02-18-2001 at 10:10 PM]
  9. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I think the Redmax EB6200 has the best CFM to weight ratio.
    It has the same CFM as the EB7000, but weighs 3 lbs. less.
    The EB6200 is the one I like best of our blowers, we also have Shindaiwa and Echo.

Product line: Pro Power Blowers
    Product Number: EB6200
    Engine Service: Pro Series
    Engine Type: Back Pack
    Max Air Volume: 730 CFM
    Max Air Speed: 200 MPH
    Noise Level: 75 dBA
    Engine Type: Pro
    Ignition System: Solid State
    Engine Displacement: 3.78 cu. Inches, 62 cc
    Fueltank: 67 oz.
    Dry Weight: 18.9 Lbs.
    Carborator: Diaphragm with Purge Pump
    Warranty: 1 Year Commercial (2 PCP), 2 Year Homeowner (3 PCP)
  10. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Most backpack blowers are about the same size. The difference is in the motor. Why not get a powerful blower now, then you won't feel the need to upgrade in the near future. I'd recommend a Shindaiwa or a Redmax.