Backrack

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by traviswalker007, Mar 15, 2008.

1. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 LawnSite Member

iM INSTALLING A BACKRACK ON MY NEW TRUCK AND HAVE A COUPLE QUSTIONS. i HAVE A BED RAIL PROTECTOR ON MY SUPERDUTY THAT GOES DOWN THE TOP OF THE BED RAIL BUT IS NO ON THE BACK OF THE BED UNDER WINDOW, WHEN I PUT THE RACK ON IT SITS UP OFF THE BED RAIL AND ON THE BED PROTECTOR, AM I SUSPOSED TO TRIM THIS BACK, ITS ABOUT AN 1/8TH INCH HEIGHT DIFFRENCE, ID I DO TRIM IT, THEN THE BACKRACK RAIL WILL BE ON THE BED RAIL PROTECTOR AND THE BACKRACK BASE ON THE STEEL PART OF THE BED??

NEXT QUESTION IS I HAVE A DIESEL TRANSFER TANK THAT IS L SHAPED AND 11" WIDE, WELL THE RAILS THAT I GOT ARE 21" SO WHEN I PUT THE TANK IN, AND THEN MY TOOL BOX, IT HANGS OVER THE SIDE OF THE RAIL, SHOUL I JUST CUT IT OFF AND RUN THE TOOL BOX FLUSH WITH THE BED, OR BUY THE 31" BACKRACK BEAMS....

2. straightlineland

straightlineland LawnSite Member

all of my pick-up trucks gets backracks put on them. I have a for f-250 that has the side rails. we mounted the backrack on top of the bedrails leaving that 1/8" gap and have never had any problems.

To answer your question about the fuel tank, i would probably get the longer rails.

3. LawnProLandCare

LawnProLandCare LawnSite Member

i would either just cut a couple pieces of aluminum and prop it up with those or just run it flush with the bed cap. back rack rapes you on accessories.

4. traviswalker007

heres the new install, used some boxed tubing and fabed some mounts..

Mar16_0003.jpg

Mar16_0004.jpg

Mar16_0007.jpg

Mar16_0006.jpg

Mar13_0006.jpg

5. traviswalker007

heres some more pics

Mar10_0001.jpg

Mar13_0007.jpg

Mar27_0001.jpg

Mar27_0002.jpg