Backup Blower???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doogiegh, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Solo's??

Any of you guys keep a BACKUP backpack blower just in case your big bad one goes down??

Idea of my Redmax 7001 going down for whatever reason and going back to a sears craftsman scares the heck out of me, no matter what the delay would be especially this time of year..

Do you guys have a smaller, but still powerful backpack you use, or if your main backpack goes down, are you screwed until the dealer gets it fixed?

Thanks!

Gary

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I have no backup right now. I just asked my dealer this week when they're having a sale on Echo products, so I can buy another PB-603. However I am looking at the ner PB-650. Just want to make sure the 650 does NOT have the new EPA regulated carb on it. If it does I'll get another PB-603.

I need a backup to put to use, in addition to my main. I was blowing leaves from a paved area into a grassy area the other day and my helper was just standing there :sleeping:

3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Easy solution. Let your helper blow while you stand there.

It is good to have a back up though.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Stihl is the backup. Been used recently when the pull cord screwed up on the redmax. It was a life saver that day.

5. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I'm solo and my backup is just a hand held REDMAX. got it for around $220. maybe do a search on blowers. i know there was a thread the other day about backpacks vs hand helds. it was quite interesting. read up! :)

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

My old BR400 is the backup to my new BR420 Magnum. The old BR400 was getting cranky and hard to start so I put it out to pasture this year. I also bought a BG85 today.

7. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an Echo handheld for a backup to my Echo PB-603. I will only use it if I absolutely have to, I'm too spoiled by the power of my backpack.LOL I try to have a backup to all my equiptment, you never know...

8. Doogiegh

I wasn't sure if any of the solo's have 2 Redmax 7001's, 1 as a prime machine and 1 on standby.. Just in case you have a helper for that day OR in case the main one goes down..

I'll have to try to find out used.. That would be worth it.

Thanks,
    Gary

9. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I have a handheld blower i keep with me just in case:blob3:

10. Doogiegh

Hey M&M,
    Wouldn't you be beat if you were doing a leaf job and the backpack went down? I don't think handhelds cut it for a major leaf job anyway..

Gary