Backup light

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by deere615, Oct 30, 2007.

1. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Does anyone know where I could purchase one of those backup/utility lights that just plug into the round wire harness for trailer lights?

2. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

3. you can get the one like the first that steve posted at home depot...right in the aisle by the truck tool boxes...by the hitches and lights

4. deere615

Yes! That one at harbor frieght was the one I was looking for. Bilt ford tough, thanks I will check Home depot first, if not I will run to harbor frieght. Thanks so much guys!:waving:

5. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

I just bought two of them......Advance Auto, $18.

Works good for the Chevy's but the International still needs more. I think this winter I will modify (if I can't purchase) the two existing reverse lights to 50W lights.

6. deere615

Thats wierd I checked 2 different advance autos. Are they where the trailer lights, plugs, and adapters are??

7. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

it was with the trailer lights......maybe they're out or have them in the back, check the tags on the shelf

8. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

with this type of thread going, what other set ups (pictures would be helpful) do you guys have for back up lights. I used to have two fog lights on the back of my tool box with my old truck, but they just didn't hold up to the elements and i don't use tool boxes anymore. I thought about working something into the rear bumper, but would like to have a system that i can use when backing up to my trailer at night and for when i have to load up a skid steer on the trailer and sinch it down.

9. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I have 4 55W rubber sealed units on my backrack.

08180612322.jpg

08180612333.jpg

10. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

i was looking for something a little more stealthy, but that would def. be functionable and give me the results i am looking for.