Backup Lighting

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Supper Grassy, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

I am finding that the factory backup lighting on my Ford F250 is not sufficient, i was wondering what kind of lights and what mounting locations everyone is using

Thanks

2. C & T Landscaping

C & T Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I use some fog lights I had laying around. I spliced them into my reverse lights and used a relay. Mine arn't low profile at all either. If I had to do it again, which I will be soon as they have stopped working because of a bad ground, I think I'm going to put a switch on them as well, so they work in reverse and with the flip of a switch will come on when I need extra rear light. I can get some pics of how they are mounted if you'd like.

3. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

Led light bulb, location factory, unbolt tail light housing, unplug factory bulb replace with new led bulb reinstall tail light housing and thank me later....they shine over 20' back and atleast 10' high. and they only cost roughly 50 dollars per set....

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34713&highlight=led+back+light+bulbs

4. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

both my trucks have them and they are awesome for backing up long driveways, especially when plowing. I love them for fall time too, they shine past the end of my 18' landscape trailer with the 2' tongue. I would highly recommend them! the iphone camera dims them down too, so you aren't seeing how bright they actually are.

5. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

I have a few lighting systems from Backupbuddy. There good and built better than any of the other similar systems I've seen.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

Superbrightled.com has the replacment bulb for the factory reverse light.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Supper Grassy

I appreciate the input. Do you think the best option is to go with replacements to the factory bulbs or do you think a better idea is to somehow add lights on the bumper to shine back?

8. Supper Grassy

These look like they might be the ticket but doesn't appear to be for a 2014 unless i am looking in the wrong place

9. dieselss

dieselss LawnSite Bronze Member

Well how much do you wanna spend. And what do you exactly want them to do
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Supper Grassy

I would like to be under 250, I am thinking LED and i am looking for more light when backing up at night. I have to back my trailer along side of the house, right next to the gas meter recently it has been at night so i am looking for options to make the back brighter