bacvac w/ new cutout

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by terry r, Nov 8, 2005.

1. terry r

terry r LawnSite Member

I'm setting up my new 27/72 super z w the blower,and my question is. do'esthe adaperter plate stay of the mower deck only to have to be removed with wrenches later?? This pretty much takes away the quick disconnect feature and stll having the larger opening. Or am I installing the plate incorrectly? thanks terry r

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You are installing it correctly.
    You will still be able to go from bagging to side discharge with no tools and do it quickly, you will just leave the plate installed.

Pj

3. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

how is the adapter installed? Do I cut away the steel bar at the bottom of the deck for it to fit? I am currently talking to Larry at tech support on the best way to install the thing as an end user and not a DEALER....he is suppose to call tomorrow...I just want to do the job myself....and to do it right.
    thanks in advance, kenny.

4. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

I think I installed my adapter plate correctly, the blower fits snug against the deck. I don't see leaving the plate on all the time as it pretty much fills the area that I cut away and defeats the purpose for doing it. Maybe I am missing something?

5. terry r

terry r LawnSite Member

My thoughts exackly I know these things are made somewhat universal but w/ the new cutout you must use wrenches to take the adapter plate off or you lose the xtra cut out therefore the backvac now is not a quick disconnect feature thanks terry r