1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

bad accident

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CLARK LAWN, Aug 16, 2007.

1. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

I just got back from a call with the FD were a 17 year old was hit in the head wih something that came out from under a ZTR,he was standing about 75-100 feet away from the mowing and it hit him so had that he has a 6" laceration across his head and possibly a fracured skull. He was unconsious for 2-3 min. has now idea what happened. we flew him out to the hospital were my sister works in the ER she told me that he is in critical condition and was back unconsious by the time they reached the hospital.

2. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

That stinks
    Do they know what company was mowing and did he stop?

3. clc19chase

clc19chase LawnSite Member

was he a by stander or a employee?

4. deere-man

deere-man LawnSite Member

Thats one of my biggest fears when mowing in town, with people around you. Theres always that possibility of discharging a rock or something that could really hurt someone if hit by it, especially in the head.

5. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Simple,blade blockers on all our equipment bottom line.

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

SHould have been mulching!! Not side discharging. I am a fire fighter too and have seen an accident like that. An employee of a bush hogging company around here was following the bush hog in a golf cart. The tractor ran over a cinderblock and threw chunks of brick everywhere. Guy followinf in hte golf cart got hit in the face with a piece of brick about the size of a grapefruit!!

7. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

he was a by stander this was at a commercial place and he was in the parking lot with some friends. the mowing company is the ones that called the ambulance.

8. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

I wont allow anyone within a square acre of my tractor.

If I am working in a residential neighborhood I tell the HOA that they need to mail the neighbors on all sides of lots that I am doing stating the day that i am going to be there, and that anytime I am on the lot near their house they need to stay inside the home, and they should not try to approach me while i am on the machine. It can be a pain and delay the work a little but it only takes one accident.

9. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

This tuesday i was mowing a very small residential i have three in a row,in the backyard with a scag hydro wb,well here comes a little dog pure pet barely got my blades kicked off.

10. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

and thats why I mulch