Bad Bed Edger Experience Today!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MudslinginFX4, Feb 20, 2004.

1. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I hadn't used one in a while before today, usually only need them once a year or so, but I had forgotten how much of a PITA it is to use a bed edger. I know it didn't help that there was a lot of clay where I was working but it really sucked! I worked from about 10 this morning till about 4 this afternoon edging and my hands are soar and now have blisters (and that was with gloves). The best thing... I've got to do it again tomorrow, already behind! We've also got 300 bales of pinestraw and 3yds of mulch to spread tomorrow!

2. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

That does suck.....what kind did you use???

Derek

3. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

You need to find a better edger....

4. Hodge

Hodge LawnSite Senior Member

Will be in your boat in about two weeks also... do you own it or rent it and if so what type??

5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I'm with Avery.
    What kind did you use???
    I rented a BedScaper by EZ-Trench before and it couldn't have been easier to use.

6. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

It was a Bed Edger brand, 4.0 Honda Engine. Real nice sturdy machine, just a little heavy though. I usually borrow them from a buddy of mine (also a competitor) but I rented one this time.

7. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I will be renting a BedScaper also this season.....

Derek

8. Tomprevette

Tomprevette LawnSite Member

Could be worse Cameron,
    Last year we hit a dual telephone line that (wasn't there) according to the Utility personnel that marked the property. WOW this WAS as PITA! We would have been liable if the painted marked areas would have been cut by the EZTrencher. We were away from the marked areas though which SOA. Customer was upset, job ran over, guys were upset, but we can now laugh how funny the lines looked spinning around the machine. :eek:
    Tom

9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

10. Harry0

Harry0 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Tom you need a mark-out for edging beds or was this a new install?-Harry