1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bad Boy 21" Push Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shooterm, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Yes I know Briggs is junk, and Honda is king. I also know the bad boy deck is made by somebody else. But it looks like a descent mower. I've read every thread about 21 inch mowers, andbpeople complain about all of them, even the new exmarks commercial. In my opinion, spending over 1000 dollars on a push mower is a waste of money. If you only use the mower every now and then for trimming, even a " pos" should last three or so years
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

the fixed wheel is pretty much the john deere js25 without the mowmentum drive system and a bigger engine i really like my js25 so next mower i purchase will probably be the bad boy

i also currently have a toro recycler i hate the thing in wet or dry grass
  3. cmos123

cmos123 LawnSite Member

I know I am two years late, but I have the snapper from Sears, model number SPV21675. I do lawns on the side, and I do around 12 a week for 5-6 months out of the year in Austin Tx. I love everything about this mower, the one lever to adjust the height is amazing, and very strong and durable, I thought it would be flimsy, but not at all, even after four years. I will say I replaced the engine 1 1/2 years after buying the mower. It came with BS 6.75 torque engine, not commercial, I replaces it with a BS 8.75 torque engine, commercial. I got the engine from TulsaEngineWarehouse.com, and I highly recommend them as well, fast service cheap price and free shipping. I have now seen this snapper mower with the engine I now have on it for sale at my local dealer for 700. Mine was 400 from Sears, plus 200 or so for engine later, so 600 total, but it works great. It bags very well too. It picks up live oak leaves and acorns very well.
  4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i wanted to buy the bad boy swivel wheel 21 but never could find one to buy.
  5. 2low4NH

2low4NH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NH

I have the 21" its a good mower. I only cut maybe an hour a week with it but it works great. drive is strong deck is solid engine has great power. always starts no issue. has a bag,mulch,discharge option. I really like it for how much I don't use it