Bad Boy 21"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by flatlander42, Jan 12, 2010.

1. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

2. LawnboyTim

LawnboyTim LawnSite Member

3. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

That's the same "private labeled" mower that nearly a half dozen companies run with their logos on. Just off the top of my head MTD,Husqvarna,snapper, bolens & badboy

4. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

That is kinda what I was thinking....BUT, the caster wheel one seems to be a lower price than most other caster wheel mowers. Also, does it have higher hp, and mph than the others? Either way I was supprised that they entered the 21" market too.

5. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

I would by one of them if they had a mulch plug option. I only use it once or twice a week. My Honda HRX is tired and doesn't cut that great, and the price of these is right for a walk behind. Most of my walkbehinds get beat up from riding on a trailer with 3 ztr's long before being overused.
    So you guys think Bad Boy is just slapping their name on it, or are they building it??

6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

" Commercial grade"???? What a joke that is.
    Cheap engine, possibly a Chinese "Honda clone", cheap plastic wheels, cheap flimsy front swivel assy., cheap flimsy handle lacking in reinforcement.
    This is an upscale homeowner machine at the best. Probably not as good as the Ariens classic 21".
    Who is Bad Boy trying to fool with this so so mower/ rofessional LCO's are not going to fall for this.
    Bad Boy has just taken a big step down, instead of up, in my opinion.

7. Mowingman

from Texas

Oh, on the fixed wheel, cheap flimsy height adjuster, and on both models, cheap flimsy controls.

8. mjschue

mjschue LawnSite Member
    from mn

Mowingman has obviousy naver seen one in person. If Briggs is the cheap chinese engine he is speaking about. They could have changed as I only saw a prototype. The ones I saw had a 7.5 hp Briggs and wheels with bearings. Not sure about the mulch plug, paid no attention as I hate to waste the fuel to mulch my lawns.

9. Mowingman

from Texas

I don't have to see this specific machine in person. It is just about like several others in different paint, and they all are NOT commercial duty.
    And yes, if it is a Briggs, those Briggs engines are cheapo.
    The only real commercial duty 21" mowers currently available, that I can think of, are Toro, Exmark, Snapper, Honda, and maybe the Hustler. This junker is not in their league at all.

10. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

I really could care less about it being commercial it's just s walk behind I have found the cheap ones cut about the same or better than many comercial walk behinds, true they won't last but who cares at that price I'll buy 2. Now zero turns are different I want a quality built machine because I cut big lawns.