bad boy bagger unit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by man of stihl, Nov 20, 2007.

1. man of stihl

man of stihl LawnSite Senior Member

hey everyone im very interested in purchasing a bad boy pup mower with the 30hp kohler and 52inch deck. im also looking at the triple bin bagging unit and would like to know if anyone had experience running this mower with the bagging unit? any pros and cons?

thanks in advance,
    lance

2. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I demoed one without the bagger and it was just OK nothing special cut good very little stripe. It seemed alot like a Everide Warrior fast and gets the grass out in a hurry but I like a reputable brand so I stayed with another John Deere 797 it was alot more $$ but they will still be around in a few years

3. man of stihl

i understand where u are coming from. but this mower seems like the most for my money. ive been doing alot of research on ztrs and this one is at the top of my list. ive never seen one in person yet but tomorrow in going up to the dealer to take a look at this unit. anyone else with experience?

thanks,
    lance

4. jjdodgelawncare

jjdodgelawncare LawnSite Member

Well we have 2 Bad boys ones a 48 with a vanguard and mine is the 52 with liquid kawi. We recently purchased a bagger system for my 52. The only thing about them but really it sounds like with any Ztr. is turning. We just got them both this year. As for striping I love the way they stripe but I go over it twice just to make sure there is no clumps of grass or a layer of thick grass. The bagger system we absolutely love bc its all metal nothing plastic and American made. Any other questions just ask. Hope this will help you.

5. man of stihl

u said you have a problem turning? please elaborate. i got to test drive the pup today around the parking lot. i dont have alot of experience on a z so i didnt get too daring:laugh: it seemed very quick and well built. in the catalog they gave me the bagging unit has a blower in the back by the engine. it says it adds nothing to the deck width. if you could take a few pictures for me. that would be great. and maybe a few measurmens of it all mounted on ur 52

thanks,
    lance

6. jjdodgelawncare

The turning well lil experience as well just a lot of power going with each hydrostat wheel with dual pumps. They say we can tone them down by tightning and moving the damper down on the handles under the seat. We have been to busy and just haven't had time to do so. My Dads was the worse it was finger loose so he tightned it up and said it made a difference. We still need to move the damper down for more resistance.

The bagger well it does stick out only 8" with the tube on the side. Since it is 8" round from the chute. Then on the passenger side the right side when your sitting on the mower in the back corner you bolt on the blower system the it goes up and back behind you with 6" tube into the three bags. The hardest thing we found putting it on was on ours is they didn't say knock out the inner sleeve to put the other pull in the original. Yes sorry its prob hard for you to understand it took us about 2 hrs to put on first time. We did need to buy the hitch that bad boy offers it doesn't come in the kit to let you know. Ill try and take pictures. I am new to this and might not know how to upload them on here. I could be able to email them to you. If you like. Hope I helped out.

7. man of stihl

ya i cant post my email on this site and i cant send u a pm until u get like 10 posts. so just keep posting and then u can snap some pics. im not going to get one until mid december so..

thanks,
    lance

8. man of stihl

i was talking to the dealer and he said it would be better to get the 52 since the deck sticks out and you can get closer to trim. with the 48 inch deck the tires hit whatever u are trying to trim. is this true?

9. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Hey, I had the tree bagger system on my 26hp lightning 52in deck, and ended up taking it off. I had a 722d grasshopper before, and thought that all mowers left clumps of grass. I ended up not needing the bagger because the mower dispersed the clippings really fine and threw them out far. As far as the bagger system goes I liked it, it just took more time to dump the bags, and I usually left it disconnected anyway.

10. jjdodgelawncare

about the clumps yeah all do I believe as well every mower leaves them. There just really frustraiting but what else can you do. Well the tire width I am not sure what the dealer is talking about. Because there mower decks and tires go with each other. I mean if the deck is a 52 inch its going to have a wider distance then a 48. But he also might be talking about the front wheels. That is true that the 48 and the 52 are the same width. Did my description of the bagger system help you out? The unloading time really by the time I estimated me for going over it twice it was the same as bagging for the most of the lawns that didn't have a lot of leafs. The only thing about the bagger is that the lid comes down on me but I think I have the 6 inch hose to long and need to cut that down some. Also if you get one or any mid deck mower. Theres this mo-jack system it takes us 10 mins or 20 by myself to change the blades. really a great system. anymore help let me know.