Bad Boy Beefing up entire Homeowner Line w/ No Increase!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by retrodog, Dec 5, 2012.

1. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

only thing you add to it is your taxes. If you want acs or mulch kit they are $200, raptor is like $150.. no other charges unless you do 0% and the bank adds a fee then but its all financed into price..
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. oldcrappymower

oldcrappymower LawnSite Member

Okay, sorry for the completely novice question here, but the raptor has a welded 'deck' meaning the cutting deck? But the frame is not welded? The mz has a welded deck and a welded frame? So box store is not welded and not welded, raptor is welded and not welded and bb is welded and welded? I don't know if that question makes sense. I hope so.

Thanks.

3. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

How much does the stander run?

4. cyclesteel

cyclesteel LawnSite Member

I just check my Raptor and it has cooling fans mounted on the EZT's at least the 52" does

5. retrodog

My bad i have had several customers say that looking at them both, guess i just never looked real heavy at the tranny yet. Havent had much time since i got em in. I didnt notice the spindle difference till i got em to put on the shelf. The frame has bothered a few customers, i recommend stepping up to the sport, but also ask them whats gonna go wrong with the frame mowing their acre yard...
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. oldcrappymower

What am I looking at for the cost of a 42" sport with a non b&s engine?

7. retrodog

Sport msrp is $3729 and the mulch kit is $119 with 42" w/ 15hp kawasaki. Dealers vary on the price, so u might save $100 or 2 depending on location. It is heavier duty than the raptor and more of an mz equal in build quality...
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. oldcrappymower

I guess that pushes me out of my budget. I guess I am probably in line for a raptor then, but I suppose I might have to check out an mz with a kawi just to make sure.

Thanks all!