Bad Boy Cut pics

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dwost, Apr 25, 2009.

1. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

I know many on here are interested in the cut quality of the BB mowers. While it's proven itself worthy to many in the south I thought it would be good to show how it performs on northern grasses. I have a 100% KB yard and I'm on my 4th cut with my new mower. All I can say is WOW, I'm extremely pleased with the results. I'm slowly lifting the deck at each cut and will soon be at my usual 3.5" I cut today at 2.5" and the cut is near perfect. It leaves a carpet like finish even when cutting at speeds around 10mph. Here are some pics of my KB cut at 2.5 at speeds between 8-10mph. My grass hasn't even completely filled in yet from winter. Another two weeks or so and it should be totally full and thick. I'll keep posting back additional feedback as I progress throughout the season.

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  2. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

Looks great!

3. driver5

driver5 LawnSite Senior Member

Is this one pass across the yard, or a double cut?

4. dwost

One pass only

5. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Dowst great pics, lets be real many are not truly interested in the cut quality of the Bad Boys; becuase this is proof postive, and vindication for many of us that have been supporting Bad Boy with our money & subsequent wise business investment/s. Glad to see you are truly happy, and did not listen to these many knuckle heads that would rather ride a car off a bridge in support of the Lawnsite ZTR brand hirearchy. Keep it coming my friend:drinkup:

6. GOOSEHANSON

GOOSEHANSON LawnSite Member

cuts like my Husky commercial and everyone hates those too...nice job:clapping:

7. dwost

lol thanks guys!

8. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

looks good

9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

nice stand of turf.....doing anything special to keep it up so nice (besides the obvious)?

10. dwost

Nothing special, just vigilant about my fert/water program. I do usually throw in one additional app of fert in the summer but that's about it. I've only put down my first app of Dimension/fert in mid March. I'll hit it again in late May with fert and depending on the amount of rain we get will probably start irrigation around then as well. Like I said, it hasn't even completely come in from this past winter. It's been quite cool here as well. Yesterday we actually hit 84 which is unseasonably warm for us this early. Things should really start sprouting now!