Bad Boy dealer tactics?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WREBELMACHINE, Mar 22, 2008.

1. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

The question marks are for BB dealers. We now have a new BB dealer here in SW MO. and his tactics are just like the original dealer which is if you don't buy from me you are running junk! I personally find this repulsive and a big turn off to me! Especially when most of what I have been using outnumbers bb probably 200 to 1! in this area! My question is is this a bb policy to sell units or are these guys here so desperate to sell bb that they will say anything?

2. kubotab7200

kubotab7200 LawnSite Member
    from Newkirk

i got the same answer from all dealers not just the bb dealer, the hustler dealer told me thier stuff was better and so on i guess they all have opinions

3. WREBELMACHINE

I do run into this somewhat but not like the bb guys! The dealer I deal with does not do this which I quess is a pretty good reason why he is successfull!

4. kubotab7200

from Newkirk

every one of them wants to sell, i looked at several dealers before i purchased a bad boy and they all had pretty much the same answer to my questions. like the hustler dealer saying thiers was the best which i knew that was untrue, then the scag dealer saying the same. i guess it just depends on your prefferance

5. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

My local bb dealers said they are all the same, i run scag mowers and looking @ the bb they are not the same,it must be a selling point........

6. WREBELMACHINE

I will agree that every dealer wants to sell and needs to but the tactics being used here as far as bb goes is not helping there cause! in my opinion! If they would back off and just tell me the features like most of the other dealers here would help them!

7. kubotab7200

from Newkirk

i like the way the bb is built, they are built really well just perfect for what i do

8. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Bad boy is a new line of ZTR's in a flooded market, of well established ZTR manufactures, No local memphis ZTR dealer wants to take on another ZTR brand/line period. High mark downs, and low interest rate incentive's are signs of a weak ZTR company. Walker Manufacturing Co for example, never will you see a factory discount or markdown, and with 100,000 units sold this august, that speaks volume for an "overpriced" ZTR , and thats according to an overwhelming majority of LCO on this website, yet Walker sales continue to increase. My Walker dealer added many "factory" options at no additional cost.
    There still are no dedicated Bad Boy dealerships in Memphis with a BB sign out front?, I will consider a BB when I see a real dealership.

9. kubotab7200

from Newkirk

i dont see how they re weak im starting to see more of them in this part of the country

10. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I called my local BB dealer and asked questions. When I was done he told me they also had Grasshopper and Snapper. I asked why he brought that up. He stated "because if I to choose from the 3, I would buy a snapper." He went on something about how Ferris now makes them and they have the best cut out there. I dont remember the rest because I wasnt intersted but he was pushing Snapper BIG TIME over the other 2.

I thought that was wierd