Bad Boy falls apart!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by skinnydogz, Jul 3, 2007.

1. skinnydogz

skinnydogz LawnSite Member

So my new Bad Boy Lightning, only 45 days old....with a little over 55 hours on it, had the bolt that holds up the deck....one on each side holds a chain that holds up the deck, broke......I then proceed to open up the "swing away" arms for access to the deck area a little easier and low and behold, the hinges that "swing away" both fall completely off.....they are rusted out....I was just stunned.....it's going back to the dealer today and hopefully get a loaner and to be replaced ASAP....if you own a BB, you might want to check your swing aways to make sure they are in working order and not having the rust problem I have.

2. rundm

rundm LawnSite Member

good thing about a warranty. RG

3. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Wheres captin fluid film.....

4. Dave Carney

Dave Carney LawnSite Member

I was wondering how the hinges would hold up, i wasn't thinking rust though, I was thinking the constant vibration and pounding of the machine would make them fail.

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Need some pics!

Bolts are bolts...sometimes they fail due to manufacturing defects. Cant blame the mower manufacturer for this. But the hinge thing.... I need to see this.

6. daysel

daysel LawnSite Member
    from TEXAS

Then who to blame?? The bolt co.
    No, you use a heavier grade bolt which they should have known.

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Well....yes. :rolleyes:
    Without pics, we don't know if they used the proper size bolt or not. BB seens to be similar to Hustler where they OVERBUILD the entire machine. Cant believe they'd scrimp on deck carrier bolt size. :confused:

8. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

nothing lasts forever. No matter how much their company promotes them, things will break.

Hope your up and running soon.

9. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

Captin Fluid Film is in the building! :laugh:

If rust is the enemy, Fluid Film is the cure! (I need to get a cape and tights. Okay, maybe just a cape.) :hammerhead:

10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

After 45 days with 55 hrs? :rolleyes: