1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

BAD BOY lawn mowers sponsoring

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Norm Al, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

they were sponsoring car #23 in the Texas Nascar race today! (very cool sponsor deal, by the way)

it seems like they would get more bang for their buc if they hooked up with a supercross/motocross team,,,,man most of the guys i know in florida that ride are lawn guys!
  2. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I live about 25 miles south of Dave Blaney's home town of Hartford, Ohio. I have followed his career from his local dirt track racing at Sharon Speedway (a track that he and a few investors now own), to World of Outlaws sprint car racing, to the Nascar Busch series, to his now Nextel Cup racing. I sure hope Bill Davis can land a sponsor for Dave to be able to run the full Nextel schedule. I too noticed the Bad Boy Mowers sponsorship on his ride at Texas today. I know alot of guy's in the LCO biz that are into Nascar like I am (I attended the Bristol race last weekend). I think the major players in the mowing equipment biz. ( Exmark, Toro, Scag. etc...) should take a good long hard look at sponsoring a Nascar Nextel Cup team.
  3. celltech

celltech LawnSite Member

I liked how they explained the "TOPLESS 100" (that was on the #23--correct??). Good race. My man, that drives the car sporting the car with the name that I work for------wiped out. That is actually how I got into watching NASCAR. Last year started watching #12 - NEWMAN, next think I know I am sucked in and got to watch the whole race. This should be fun when football season comes back around.
    That Casey Kane (sp?) is just not ment to win one yet huh???
  4. EJK2352

Casey's last name is spelled Kahne. I have been following him too just because his last name is so close to my own. I think he will be a future champ. He has a great team owner in Ray Evernham and will do well w/ his knowledge, after all how do you think Jeff Gordon did so well???? Gordon hasn't visited victory lane near as often as he did when Ray Evernham was his crew chief.
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I think the air time Bad Boy got with Blaney today was great. An 11th place finish with good advertisement from NASCAR.
  6. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

that was one of the best races i've seen in a long time, no fuel mileage issues or any of that other stratagy, just good hard clean racing. noticed the badboy sponsor myself as well as the topless 100 signage.

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

NASCAR????? Is that a video game???
  8. EJK2352

Oh, I forgot to tell you what the Topless 100 on Blaney's car was. It is for a wingless sprint car race. I was hoping It had something to do w/ female race car drivers. I guess it doesn't hurt to dream a little???

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sure many members on here enjoy races but i just don't get it. I can tolerate watching the last 2 laps, MAX. Mr/Mrs Moderator, please toss this thread into the Off-Topic Forum before I vomit!! Thank You
  10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Lets see. Bad Boy mowers and their sponsorship. See it on Nascar. You can watch 2 laps and all of a sudden you need to vomit. Oh yea, then need to tell the mods how to handle it. Thanks for the insightful and intelligent post to add to this topic.