1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bad Boy Mower at Tractor Supply Company?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KevinACrider, Jun 16, 2008.

1. KevinACrider

KevinACrider LawnSite Member

Today while at TSC I saw a 60" 26HP Briggs BadBoy ZT Series mower with a $5000 price tag, brand new. Is this something new? I thought it was a good price tag just by looking at it but I know NOTHING about BadBoy mowers, there are no dealers around me.

Can anybody shed some light onto this deal?
  2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I have seen a lot of BadBoy commercials on TV lately, so maybe TSC will start carrying them.
  3. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

My local TSC is carrying them as well
  4. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

Same here.
  5. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

i would never buy a mower with a motor that does not have an oil or fuel pump.
  6. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I saw one at my TSC about 2 weeks ago
  7. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

Can you have it serviced at Tractor Supply, No? I'll stick with a real dealer.
  8. KevinACrider

KevinACrider LawnSite Member

I did not look but the manager did tell me specifically that, her store anyway, stocks all replacement parts that are all available from Bad Boy but you are correct, they will not service them. I generally work on my own equipment anyway though.
  9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I havent herd anything bad about a badboy mower.....

Just my 2 cents
  10. TheOctagon

TheOctagon LawnSite Senior Member

that is the only model they will be carrying. They are now making the switch to a 27 hp kohler instead of the briggs also. The zt is the lowest model made by badboy but it is still a very well built machine.