Bad Boy mower patent infringement

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by gps_jetskier, Jun 14, 2006.

1. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

Was looking at advanced chute and saw a link to Bad Boy mowers.
    I wrote them for some info on their Guard Dog chute and they sent me some pictures of it installed on a Bad Boy mower. However, looking at the pictures a little closer I noticed that it looks like they have the brake integrated into the levers. Isn't that an infringement on Hustler's patent? Nothing on their site talks about that feature either by the way. Almost a hush hush thing.

http://www.badboymowers.com/

gps_jetskier

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Taking a quick look at there site, I see a hand brake on the left side of every mower, so I am not sure.
    If you have a pic that shows something different, e-mail it to me.
    We enforce the patent on that unit, the others (Toro, Everide) using it are paying to use it.

Pj

3. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

They din't I assure you. They have the Dixie Chopper style handbrake.

4. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

PJ,

I almost brought this same subject up a month ago! I have a buddy that swears by the Bad Boy's, but shute looks super familiar!!!!!!!!!

Also, did you get to plat Wolf Run while you were in Zionsville? THE BEST IN THE STATE!

I am an ex golf professional and love that track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

No I didnt... no time unfortunately.

Pj

6. Riverrat6

Riverrat6 LawnSite Member

i own an 05 bad boy aos series 31hp/60in with the advance chute system. it is the older style, not the gaurd dog style. it isn't connected to the brakes on mine. i'm not positive but don't think it is on the gaurd dog either. by the way i really dislike the chute system and am thinking of buying a factory discharge chute and tossing mine. hope this helps

7. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

What about the Everride parking brake design? I'm not exactly sure of what the patent covers but we sell Everride also and it seems to be a patent infringment to me??

Shane
    Gautreaux's Lawn & Garden
    Gonzales, LA

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

They pay us to use it.

Pj