Bad Boy Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lt306, Aug 26, 2007.

1. lt306

lt306 LawnSite Member

New to the business can any share any information on Bad Boy Mowers good or bad

2. grassmedics

grassmedics LawnSite Member

If you do a search on it, there are like 3 reviews

3. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

they are all right. they are overpriced and do not leave very good stripes. i would rather have an exmark for less money.

4. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

you can get them with a 35 HP CAT diesel engine. i'd say that they are some of the most powerful mowers out there. but i'll give you some first hand knowledge after i test one out this week.

5. joshco84

yes they are very powerful and will mow anything you want, they just dont do as nice of a job as many other mowers out there and they cost wayyy more. And dont get too hyped up by the CAT diesel. It is the same diesel that is built for new holland for their compact tractor. I believe the manufacturer is ishibura (SP). They are a good engine though, and the CAT name just makes it cost more.

6. Primetime-SRQ

Primetime-SRQ LawnSite Member

I just test drove one of the 52" Lighning Series water-cooled kawi motor one last week... They are not overpriced for what they have to offer. 7g deck, water-cooled motor, front-rear suspension and it rips out at 14 mph. All of this was around $6700-$7300... But I have heard from some LCO in my area that do not leave a nice cut but would an excellent ride if you had a ton of land to cut.... Go check one out, they seemed rather impressive for the price. In my area they are about 2-3K less than other mowers of the same size deck and motors.... my .02...

7. joshco84

hey prime that is odd. here in wichita ks they are more than the other mowers, usually in the one to two thousand range.

josh

8. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

I bought (actually leased) a 60" 23 hp. Pup for 5995.00 Also bought a 50" 26 hp ZT for 4600.00. They are built well. Work great. They don't stripe all that well. If stripes are that important, make or buy a striper for it. No other mowers are that inexpensive around here. Scag is almost 2000 more. Exmark is 2700 more.

They have had their issues. All were taken care of under warranty in a very timely fashion.

9. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

NCLS, where did you lease /buy them from? I'm interested in testing or demoing one and I'm in the Cleveland area as well.

10. RogerA

RogerA LawnSite Member

I just ordered a 52 Lightning with a 26 HP Kawasaki for $7495. plus tax and the dealer gave me $142 of acessories for FREE. This is the smoothest riding mower that I have tried and it seems to be the easiest to service. Everything swings out for easy access to oil and hyd filters. It seems to be built like a tank. I also looked at a Skag Turf Tiger for $9500. plus tax and a a Lazer Z for $8200. plus tax. After I compared all of the features and the prices, I thought the Bad Boy was the best mower for the least amount of $$$.