Bad Boy mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snowman 2008, Apr 24, 2008.

1. snowman 2008

snowman 2008 LawnSite Member
    from on.

On
    the 26h.p Lightning what is the tip speed on the 52" &60" deck? How is the cut height set, I know the deck is electric lift but how do set the cut?

2. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

the tip speed is 18950fpm. The deck lift is electric and that's how you set it. You watch the height indicator and let off the toggle when you have it where you want it.

3. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

They don't have a system like Scag or Hustler, etc. with a bolt and cotter pin that goes in a set of holes marked in 1/4" increments. Bad Boy just has a silver bar that slides back and forth as the deck moves up and down. Next to the tip of the bar are the numbers 1 2 3 4 5 with a little notch half way between each one. You just have to let off the toggle a little bit before it gets to the desired height, because it will move just a little after you let off due to the momentum. It's not as precise as the other named mowers.

4. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey TB, what's that stuff in your signature? Did you start mowing, along with being a dealer?

5. snowman 2008

from on.

Thanks for the reply. Is the cycle time of the toggle switch long enough that I can get the exact height every time?
    Is the ROPS an option or standard?
    If i was to use one of those accelerator catchers would it make the deck cut of level

Thanks

6. tb8100

from TX

lol nah, it's just stuff I have at the house. I didn't feel like I could fit in unless I have my gear in my sig! lol

7. tb8100

from TX

Yes, the cycle time is pretty precise. It takes a little getting used to, but you can get it every time. The folding ROPS is optional. Bad Boy doesn't make you pay for it if you don't want it.

The Accelerator wouldn't throw your pitch off at all. You can stand on the deck and not throw the pitch off.

8. snowman 2008

from on.

Thanks for all the help.
    I have a new dealer an hour away, all he has is a AOS diesel that I could demo. It has metal covering & the tanks saying hydrostatic , what year would it be.

Thanks

9. tb8100

from TX

The AOSs had metal tanks up until 2008, when they went to plastic tanks. The plastic tanks look cool, but I don't believe they offer you a functional advantage. They may hold more fuel for this year, I can't remember. It'll look alot like an orange Dixie Chopper. If it still has the metal spring suspension, it's probably an '06 model. The '07 and '08 models have the rubber compression shocks.