Bad Boy Mowers at Talladega

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bad Boy Mowers, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Bad Boy Mowers

Bad Boy Mowers LawnSite Member

[​IMG]
    Davis, Skinner and Bad Boy will take on Talladega

HIGH POINT, N.C. (April 13, 2005) - Mike Skinner and Bill Davis Racing will team up with Bad Boy Mowers, Inc., powered by Vanguard BIG BLOCK, to race the No. 23 BDR car in the May 1 Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Nextel Cup race at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway.

“Bad Boy Mowers is based out of my hometown, Batesville, Ark., and has put together a fantastic product,” said Bill Davis, owner of Bill Davis Racing. “I’m really proud of what they have done with their business in such a short time by growing it at a very rapid, yet controlled pace. They are the new kids on the block with mowers, but they know they want to solidify their presence in the marketplace and understand the value of marketing, especially the value of marketing through NASCAR.”

This will not be the first time Bad Boy Mowers, Inc. has participated in the Nextel Cup Series with Davis. In April 2004, Bad Boy Mowers was an associate sponsor on the No. 23 car at Texas Motor Speedway, where Dave Blaney brought home an 11th-place finish.

“Last year, we had a great response from our sponsorship endeavors with Bill Davis Racing and decided we wanted to pursue it again, but step out more this year and be the primary sponsor,” said Phil Pulley, CEO and Owner of Bad Boy Mowers, Inc. “We are exited to have Mike Skinner driving for us. He is a perfect fit for the program, and he ran so strong at Daytona earlier this year. Hopefully we can experience the same success at Talladega.”

This will be the second time this year Skinner and Davis have teamed up to field the No. 23 in a Nextel Cup points race. Skinner raced the No. 23 Argent Mortgage car at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway in February, where he qualified 13th during time trials for the Daytona 500 and went on to finish third—neck-and-neck with the Dale Earnhardt Inc. cars—in the first Gatorade 150 Duel which lined him up seventh to start the 47th running of the Daytona 500. With only 10 laps left to run in the 500, Skinner was collected in the ninth and final caution of the race, relegating him from a top-10 run to a 30th-place finish.
    [​IMG]

“We’ve had a lot of success at Talladega in the past, and I am looking forward to running with the 23 team again,” said Skinner, who also drives the No. 5 Toyota Tundra full-time in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series for BDR. “It’s a good team and a good group of guys who helped me have an awesome run in the Dayton 500 earlier this year. It’s nice to get another shot at a superspeedway. I felt like we could, if not win the race, at least be in the top five in Daytona, so getting to go back and run another restrictor plate race is going to be really good, not only for me, but everyone involved.”

This will mark Skinner’s 14th start at Talladega. Skinner’s best finish at the Alabama track was a second-place finish to Jeff Gordon in April 2000. He achieved his best starting position of fifth twice (October 1998 and May 1997).

Skinner will pull a “double-duty” schedule because he will also compete in the Dodge Ram Tough 200 Craftsman truck race at Gateway International Raceway in St. Louis that same weekend. He will practice and qualify the No. 23 Bad Boy Mowers Dodge at Talladega on Friday, April 29, then proceed to St. Louis to qualify and race the No. 5 Toyota Tundra at Gateway on Saturday. Skinner will then return to Talladega to compete in Sunday’s Aaron’s 499.

“I’m excited to have Bad Boy Mowers on board. I know this entire deal would not be possible without their support,” Skinner said. “Bill has a great relationship with them. I hope to build on that and represent them well. It is a good fit. I’m in the landscaping business in Florida, so I’m going to make a deal with them: If I give them their first NASCAR Nextel Cup victory, then maybe they can get me a good deal on a mower.”
    [​IMG]

Founded in 1998 and based in Batesville, Ark., Bad Boy Mowers, Inc. is a manufacturer of zero-turn commercial lawn mowers. Its vision for the future is to become the “Bad Boy” of the commercial mowing industry by providing its customers with a superior performing machine, second-to-none in power, durability and accessibility. To achieve this goal, Bad Boy has teamed with Briggs and Stratton Commercial Power to bring its customers the 31 horsepower Vanguard BIG BLOCK. This BIG BLOCK engine is the most powerful 31 horsepower air-cooled engine on the market. To learn more about Bad Boy Mowers, go to www.badboymowers.com.