1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bad Boy Mower's No Deal

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by puppypaws, Jun 11, 2007.

1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Never did get the demo on the Lightening they promised me so faithfully.

I have never thought to much of people that did not do exactly what they said and should have done.

I don't know if this would reflect on customer support and service or not but they certainly did not stand behind there claim of a wonderful demo on a mower they told me I could not help but love.

They may have had a problem when I told them I ran Hustler Super Z's, there is a possibility they did not want me to make a comparison.

If I had a product I was proud of and thought it was a better machine, that person would definitely try my mower so I could prove the difference.

Seems like they may not want to compare with Hustler if they had I believe the demo would have come to me.
  2. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I agree with all of your points.

If they're confident in their product, then they should have let you make the comparison. Of course, there's no saying for sure if this is why you didn't get the demo.

That being said, they should do what they say they're going to do. Nothing makes me madder than someone not following up on what they say they'll do.

If I were you, that would be the end of any type of relationship I would potentially have with their products.
  3. jtrover

jtrover LawnSite Member

Just because your dealer is not motivated does not mean that the Bad Boy is no comparison to Hustler, the Lightning will have a much smoother ride and will make just as good or better cut. You should look for another dealer close by and try for a demo there.
  4. nitro rookie

nitro rookie LawnSite Member

I don't if you can blame Bad Boy for this or the dealership they have selling their product. I got to demo one this past weekend. I've been reading all
    over this site and they keep saying it all how the dealer is in support and
    what they do for you. More or less.
    Needless to say I am impressed with their product. Looking closer in to getting
    the 30hp pup series. Not quite the same as the demo I tried, but still gives
    you a good idea.
    I did talk to a LCO last month who had bought a 30hp 60". He said he likes it just as good if not better than his Exmark, little reasons like easier to change blades and clean. But he only had 10 hrs on it when I talked to him about it.
    He was also looking into buying 2 Diesel versions to mow our schools here.
  5. 12thKY

12thKY LawnSite Member
    from ky

I had trouble with the deck on my Bad Boy and they changed out, and now I am happy as a lark. I do have a good dealer who takes care of me. That may be the problem with you not getting the demo. If the dealer isn't pushing that line of mowers but another, why would he want you to demo the one he isn't wanting the sell?
  6. puppypaws

I was dealing with a senior rep at the corporate office which was working through a big dealer in Charlotte, NC that sells Toro and Scag. I told him what the dealer was concentrating on selling and it was not his Bad Boy line.

There is no way the Bad Boy will ride better than my Super Z because it has the good suspension seat with a flex seat base mounted between the suspension seat and frame to give it a rocking chair motion and flex forks on the front to take the shock out of rough spots. I run this mower at 15 mph in places you could not stay on any other zero turn mower.

He actually promised me I could keep it a few days to compare it in different conditions, I actually thought he was really standing behind his product but that appeared to have changed somewhere along the line.

If the Bad Boy rides as good as he claimed, which he said it would be as good as my Super Z because of the additions, then he need not be afraid to bring it out and lets put it side by side. This is the only way to compare them properly.
  7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

It says something that the Rep could not get you a demo. I would just stick with the Hustler!!
  8. puppypaws

That does concern you a little when a senior rep has no pull with his dealer's.

So what could they do with a dealer like that if you had a problem, that would be a little scary.
  9. jtrover

jtrover LawnSite Member

I know for a fact that the Bad Boy does have a better ride than the super z, because I demoed a super z last week with flex forks, suspension seat, etc. Bad Boy has great customer support, maybe you should call the factory.
  10. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

do any of the badboys have any type of suspension?