Bad Boy mowers pros and cons

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mr.kdk, Jun 4, 2008.

1. mr.kdk

mr.kdk LawnSite Member

Can anyone give their opionions or likes and dislikes of the Bad Boy zero turns, I am thinking of buying a 60 inch cat diesel bad boy? I have also looked at the ferris models too and they seem quite impressive. Thanks

2. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

If you're looking at a diesel, go for the 35hp. There's nothing else like it in its class.

3. BryceBentleyLCS

BryceBentleyLCS LawnSite Member

Good engine is about the only PRO. Bad boy seems like they are nice mowers but a major and I mean major down fall is the dealers, there are not many out there and your product that you buy in this industry is only as good as your dealer! Badboy is really cocky in there advertisements and I really dont like that. I feel that they market to young males who dont know alot about Lawn Care, I dont intend to make anyone mad this is just my take on the company. I have looked at the mowers at the Expo in Louisville, KY and I wasnt that impressed. I was speaking with there rep. and I was asking questions about the mower and he made it seem that His mower was the Sh*t and I didnt know anything about commercial mowing. I feel that they could really make a name if they fixed the dealers and Reps. and really fine tuned there mowers. Hope this helps:usflag:

4. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

If you REALLY are going to spend that kind of money, buy a mower with a Kubota diesel engine - tried and true with documented durability for years. :usflag:

5. tb8100

from TX

There are ALOT of dealers out there. They're not on every corner like Toro and Scag, but there are lots of them. They're setting up dealers as fast as they can too. 2 years ago, there were no dealers in Texas. Now there are nearly 30. Other states are the same way. It's just a matter of time.

You're right, they make big statements about value and performance, and that is typical in this industry, but they're one of the few companies that actually puts their money where their mouth is and makes a high performance mower for a better price than anyone else.

6. tb8100

from TX

The CAT diesels have been out 2 years. That's about as long as the 26hp LC Kawasaki, and it's considered proven.... :nono:

7. JTF40

......What are you talkin' about? :confused::confused::confused:

8. tb8100

from TX

I mean the C series engines on these mowers. :usflag:

9. JTF40

I still have no idea where your statement came from. If you feel the need to draw me a picture, knock yourself out.

I was simply implying that Kubota has been building the 3 cyl. diesel engine for decades. It is used in more applications than ANY other 3 cyl. ever produced - mowers, generators, skid steers, just to name a few.

:usflag:

10. tb8100

from TX

Your statement:

implies that the CAT diesels aren't proven and Kubotas are. I was just clarifying that these diesels are proven as well. :waving: