BAD BOY Mowers.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Varsity L&G, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone else notice how damn loud these things were at the Expo?

Definite way to pezzz of the old lady's in the morning!

2. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan LawnSite Senior Member

You must not have listened to the Lightening Z with the liquid cooled Kawasaki. I have one and I have had comments about it being the quietest mower they've ever heard. I can't comment on the others though. I have only heard/run the lightening z model.

Have a great day,
    Doc

3. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah they were pretty loud , and alittle too fast .

4. MBDiagMan

I certainly agree with the "a little too fast" comment. I have no complaints about my Bad Boy being too fast, but it does trade low speed control sensitivity for speed. I don't know if it has too much pump or what the cause, but it is fast. It does have enough blade tip speed that the cut quality does not suffer.

For me this poses no problem or complaint, but it would definitely NOT be a good mower for the first time Z operator. I have spent enough time on two other Z's that the sensitivity and speed were noticable by comparison but not a problem.

Have a great day,
    Doc

5. wowlawncare

wowlawncare LawnSite Member
    from TN

Rode these at the expo. The pump wine on thsese was the worst ive ever heard. Mabey its cause im use to dixies who have almost no pump wine. Also they are fast but when I pushed the sticks fordward it took a second for it to take off. Not as responsive as they should be. I was not impressed with them. They stole alot of dixie choppers ideas too. Plus the guy even told me that they go fast but they wont cut much over 12mph. What is the pont of going 15mph if you cant cut at that. For the 17feet back to the trailer...?????

6. MBDiagMan

Maybe the one you drove had not been run enough to work the air out of the hydraulics. Mine has no pump or motor whine whatsoever. Mine gives a clean cut regardless of speed, but I have yet to cut anything that is taller than about 5 inches.

Have a great day,
    Doc

7. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

the rep told me the same thing about the speed . lol

8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Same reason a bass boat will run 50-60MPH.. You ever try to keep a line in the water at that speed?

Less time traveling, more time bassin.

Hmm.. that sounds like a good out board motor slogan.. I call dibs on the copyright if it isn't already trademarked!

9. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Wasn't impressed with their customer service at the demo booth, guys inside were helpful. Outside 6 or 7 guys were standing there drinking sodas while one guy was trying to accomodate people wanting to demo. Sorry Bad Boy I didn't have time to stand and wait 30 minutes to demo and then eat up another 20-30 for the sales pitch.

10. wowlawncare

wowlawncare LawnSite Member
    from TN

Different principals. I was saying that with other mowers esp dixie chopper you CAN mow at 15mph its just not a get it back to the trailer speed. You will pick up your time in your MOWING time not your travle time.