1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bad Boy Mowers ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mmsd, Mar 5, 2006.

1. mmsd

mmsd LawnSite Member

I saw my First Bad Boy machines today at a home show. This thing "looked" pretty nice. Anybody know anything about these units?
  2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

A dealer in my area just had an open house this weekend featuring bad boy mowers, I wanted to get down there, but didn't get a chance. My understanding is they have some reasonable prices. It seems like I can remember them being a sponsor of this site, not sure if they still are or not. If anyone has some info on them I'd like to hear it as well.
  3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

A salesman brought one by the shop a while back, Me and the Boss checked it out and road it around. It had nothing on our Dixie Choppers and I didn't see where it was very maintenance friendly, Also didn't like the non grease-able deck spindles.
  4. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

I have demoed one and run the montana version as well. If you are brush hogging might be worth looking at. Otherwise I would steer clear of them for normal commercial mowing.
  5. extoro

extoro LawnSite Member

Heard they weren't building for Montana any longer - anyone else heard this?
  6. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

took one for a ride at the Expo 2005 in Kentucky, felt like a really bad riding go cart. Built like a tank, very hard to maintenance, and very rough to say the least. No thanks
  7. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I drove one around the dealers lot a little bit about a year ago and it seemed like a impressive mower. I thought the machine was very comfortable and the steering was easy and responsive and I thought it rode decent too. Overall I really liked it and a very good mower for the money IMO. I didn't get to cut with it but I bet it would do a really good job because the deck is 5 1/2 inches deep with a 19000 fpm blade tip speed.
  8. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

You will have to ask Mr. Whiteslawnservices. He thought that he knew all about them BadBoys!:laugh: :laugh:
  9. whiteslawnservices

whiteslawnservices LawnSite Member

Well I dont ever ever ever wont that mower again thats all i can legaly say :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :laugh:
  10. mowerman62383

mowerman62383 LawnSite Member

I demoed the 60" Lightening 32hp for the day. It is a real nice mower. The stripes it leaves are really defined and the ride was very comfortable. The only problem that I found was when you turn it spins more than normal but that could have been the tire pressure. In overall I would recommend this machine to others!