Bad Boy Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shawnhines, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Shawnhines

Shawnhines LawnSite Member

Does anyone know anything about about these Bay Boy mowers???

2. horsequick

horsequick LawnSite Member

I don't know a whole lot about them other than they were by far my favorite mowers at the louisville expo that I demo'd.

3. abuckeye

abuckeye LawnSite Member

I drove one at the Expo in Louisville. They seemed like a well built mower but that is all I know about them. We do not have anybody that sells them around here.
    Tom

4. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I have demoed one also have the demoed the montana which is the same thing. Things that I kind of liked were

1. Simple design

Things I did not like are

1. Poor cut
    2. hydro's are winey. This may be diffrent this year!
    3. Poor hill side performance
    4. too rough of a ride.
    5. Sticks are uncomfortable
    6. Poor dealer All show no service dealership!

I have a friend who bought one because of the price. It is a 72" with a vanguard on it. He likes it but admits he has had to replace a few things on it.

5. Rhinox29

Rhinox29 LawnSite Member

What do you want to know? I have one and love it. As far as I'm concerned they are the best bang for the buck. Built strong / handles well / easy to maintain / Cut is great ( I deal with a lot of Bahia) / great speed. My dealer is great to. Try one you will like it. Any other specific questions just ask.

6. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

I think they are built pretty good but need refinment. In quality cut issues. I only know of one lawn cutter here with one and it does ok in field type mowing but on the manicured stuff it clumps pretty bad. Dealer support is a major concern for me. Here the dealer is as rebel says all show.

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

How are the Encore's kicking along there fellas?

8. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

So far very well. I will be adding another 72" Prowler on this spring. Going to replace another chopper.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

To the original poster... didn't mean to get off subject, just haven't seen these guys post in a while, so I wanted to ask.

Good to hear it. It's nice to have smooth sailing on the equipment isn't it? Beats the crap out of some issue every time you turn around.

10. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

I posted a site for great mower prices, look back alittle, maybe 1 or 2 days ago, they sell Bad Boys cheap and ship them.