1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bad Boy mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SlowMow, Aug 12, 2007.

1. SlowMow

SlowMow LawnSite Member

Anybody heard of or own any of these types of mowers? There is a local dealer here in Springfield that is wanting my business I'll just say pretty badly based on the offers I was given. I just wasn't sure their reputation. Any input is appreciated....Thanks.....

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Be carefull with that dealer! The mower seems to be getting better like all of the brands seem to be!
  3. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

What do you want to know, I ran their Lightening model with the 32 Vanguard for about a month. I did a full review on this site about that model.

Which mower is the dealer pricing and what is he telling you?
  4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

It hasn't stood the test of time

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah what is the dealer telling you today?
  6. BubbaD

BubbaD LawnSite Member

My neighbor recently purchased a ZT w/50" deck and 23hp Vanguard for $5,000 OTD. My other neighbor and myself are looking into purchasing the same machine also.
  7. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

This is list price on the 23 Vanguard, Tractor Supply sells the ZT w/60" deck and the 26 ELS Briggs for $4999.00

Bad Boy dealers want come off list and I ask the Bad Boy company why not and they told me they were so much cheaper than everyone else they did not have to.

23 hp Vanguard

STARTING AT $4,495.00*

*Set up and destination charges $150.00 per unit minimum.
  8. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

I have been to the bad boy plant in Batesville ark. Best mower out there.
  9. Rhinox29

Rhinox29 LawnSite Member

I run them and love them. I have a great dealer and they are built like a tank. I have run other brands in the past, but for my conditions they are the only mower for me. They do take some getting use too. I suggest you demo one first cause not everyone like's the same things.
  10. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

I've heard of them and saw some in use at Lake of the Ozarks but I have no first hand knowledge. Is that dealer over on Sunshine?