Bad Boy Outlaw?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Rookie, Jan 11, 2010.

1. The Rookie

The Rookie LawnSite Senior Member

I have gotten my hopes up for the new Bad Boy Outlaw. I went to their website and it is not listed. Does anyone know if they are going to make it where we can by it before 2010 mowing season.
    Husquvarna has a pz6034 which is a 60 deck with a 34 kawasaki. This looks like a good mower similar to what the outlaw was supposed to be. I guess Husquvarna will get my business if bad boy don't hurry up. :walking:

2. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Hey, my rep just said they are taking orders now. It is $7999 just like they were talking about at first, it will be available for this season definately.

3. The Rookie

thanks retrodog. I was beginning to get worried. I love bad boy mowers. I personally have a zt 26 60 light commercial/homeowner and am looking to upgrade. I thought when I bought the zt 2 years ago it was a true commercial. Others let me know it wasn't. But it is the most bang you can get for your buck and it performs well enough. I just need a faster z. 6mph is not fast enough. I would take the homeowner zt up against any other homeowner zt and eat their lunch.

4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

That's all you'll eat up, is their lunch. You'll have to let them do all the grass cutting. :D

5. The Rookie

Ha ha, but my z has paid for itself several times.

6. retrodog

You would be surprised how many commercial accounts that are using the zt model from BB. The City of Hugo has 2 lightnings and a zt for the smaller jobs, I have several guys mowing cemeteries with them, and my G-Parents mow around 8 acres a week during the season with a 50" 26hp Briggs since 2007, and the only work they had done was a new battery. I am adding the Outlaw to my trailer this season also along with 3 commercial guys here so far, I will put a good "non-biased" review on here for you guys after a month or so. My rep said 5 were built and sent to a big commercial LCO in Miami FL for testing and tuning before production was started, but I didn't get the name of the company, maybe they will come on here and talk about them.

7. Grass Shark

Grass Shark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone 7

OOO the Husqavarna horror stories!!!! I heard those bad boys are built pretty tough and they are very reliable, but the cut quality is weak and is a bad striping mower. I have never tested one though, How do yours cut retrodog?

8. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like you've had some trouble with Husqvarna. That's too bad. You should start another thread and tell us about it. I'd be interested to hear about the specific issues.

Take care,

Q

9. retrodog

My last mowers that I owned pre 07' were a 2006 Grasshopper 722D front deck, and a 2005 Turf Tiger. I bought the 52" Lightning 26hp Kawasaki BB with a bagger system and it made both of my other 2 mowers look really bad. With the bagger shoot off I could cut most of my yards at full speed (something I couldn't do on the other 2 at 8mph), and the BB was like 13mph...lol. My one negative off the bat was the bahaia grass stringers. I played with different blades and found that a low lift worked better than the factory hi lifts they put on the mower, and I use doubles on my bigger decks. I average nearly 1500 hours a season on my mowers (all together...lol), so I do have a little experience mowing on commercial machines. I miss swinging my front deck over pool water, and in bushes, but my production hit a complete new level. I was used to cutting at like 4mph on the hopper...lol. I was sick when I saw my workhorse flipping down the road, but BB came through for me and fixed it. I am now a happy owner of a 35hp 72" cat diesel, my trusty 52", and a 60" 32hp Lightning BB. I can take the 72 and the 52 and make a $2500 day out of one trailer (my best day before straight mowing was about $1000). Every week and a half during season I mow 6 properties in one day that bring in $2480. They were saying its the best the property ever looked, and they said it took every one else all week to mow what we do in one day. I have put a challenge out around here for title for title against any mower out mowing mine I will do happily especially for the same retail values. I became a lawn mower dealer for Bad Boy because of what I have been through, and just with 2 seasons have put nearly 200 out in my market with very happy owners. I have seen a couple of hicups, but the factory shines through. I had a customer that had a 2003 Bad Boy that broke his frame, and BB picked his mower up, fixed it at the factory and offered to ship it back for free (but I picked it up for them when I picked up a load of mowers). Had another customer with some Cat warranty issues, and BB just brought him a new mower and took his back. Had a TSC customer break his deck, and they sent a new one to him and put it on for free. I can't believe the way they stand behind there stuff and strive to make it better year after year. There might have been cut quality issues before 07', because I haven't seen any myself. I have had 2 customers with cut quality complaints, but the decks were out of alignment, and a simple adjustment leveling the decks fixed their issues. One of my demoes got ran up a tree by a crazy driver, and didn't cut right afterwards, but a simple tape measure on concrete told me why, the deck was off 3 inches....lol. Have you seen some of the BB striping pics posted on here? Some of them are some of the best stripes I have ever seen. Striping can be achieved by any welded deck mower with the right adjustment of leveling or even go as far to grab a striping kit. The other plus is this is by far the easiest mower I have ever put my hands on to work on, everything was very thought out on the location. Sorry for the long post, you can tell I was blown away by them I guess. My biggest concern right now is commercial guys buying the $2999 and $3499 homeowner BB's because they are so well built for the price, just a nightmare waiting to happen.....lol. The Outlaw I think has a different cutting deck than the other BB's, I think its a new design (more overlap I believe, will know more when I get mine). A 31hp kawasaki 5400 tranny for $7999 designed by people who mow everyday with all different brands, who wouldn't check it out...lol. I believe the other guys have some catching up to do on quality and price, but that is just one man's opinion.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  10. retrodog

Oh, if it is any count, I was a couple of hours away from buying a new Turf Tiger for a little over $10000 when I came across the $7499 Bad Boy with the same specs on the internet. After researching and talking to a few LCO's that owned them on the phone, I drove 2 hours away to go look at them and ended up buying one after mowing on it. The ride blew me away, waaay nicer than the Hopper (and I thought it was a caddy).