Bad Boy Pics

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 12thKY, Jun 2, 2007.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Or you could get one of the decks that Envy has pictured. But they come in orange. Great deck design.
  2. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

BUMP......Good Pics
  3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

This turbo baffle also gives great lift to the discharge side of the deck. My Lazer Ultra Cut would vacuum real good on the discharge side compared to the trim side.
  4. 12thKY

12thKY LawnSite Member
    from ky

Why would I spend more money when I can get the same or better results for less.....

Not trying to say that Scag is bad because it certainly isn't, but I have compared the cut of a Scag to my Bad Boy (with new deck) and mine is as good if not better.

The corner clumping is just a trivial matter, but what does matter is that it leaps and bounds better than the the TriVantage I had. After cutting thick tall grass like you posted in another thread, and regular residentals to boot you can see from my pics, that there is little deck scraping to be done. I can't compare to a Ultra Cut, but if it was the TriVantage I had, it would have easily been double that amount and it was only a 48". To top it off it will cut with any mower that I have seen used around here. So what's not to like?
  5. Rottman

Rottman LawnSite Member

Which bad boy do you have? It sounds as though you are very happy with it. Do you have any complainants about it? From reading the post it sounds as though you use to have or know someone with a scag and you like the Bad Boy better. I've been looking at them on line and trying to read different post about them. I have not went and seen one in person yet.
  6. Greenery

Greenery LawnSite Senior Member

We just picked op a 48 walkbehind with the velocity deck today cut pretty nice. ive never used a badboy so i cant say anything bad about them but these scags are indestuctable and there cut is superior to most every other mower ive used. we will gladly pay the extra 1200 or so to get a scag versus a lesco
  7. 12thKY

12thKY LawnSite Member
    from ky

I have the 60" Pup w/ 30 hp Kohler. The only major complaint I have is the ride. It rides like a log wagon with the stock seat, but I helped it with a add on suspension kit. It is still a little rough at times but it isn't too bad. If I could do it over again I would think real hard about getting the upgraded suspension seat.

If you have the money the Lightning is the way to go. It comes with the upgraded suspension seat, suspension on the caster forks, and bigger pumps and or wheel motors. I can't remember for sure if it comes with both, but believe it does.

My two minor complaints are the electric deck lift, and the corner clumping. I can easily live with both, as I said they were minor.

I have never ran a Scag but there is a church within spittin' distance of my house that is cut with a brand new shiny Scag. From looking at the cut there and at another location close to the house, I can't say that I wouldn't put my mower up against the other two LCOs.
  8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

So have you tried anything yet as far as adding a discharge kicker like I suggested?

Oh, and I meant to tell you before... if you are not using that discharge deflector shield, take it off and get those bolts out of there too. I don't know why they bolted it that way... doesn't make a lot of sense.

You might be able to use that rear bolt hole as one mounting point for the kicker.
    I dunno... hard to tell.
  9. 12thKY

12thKY LawnSite Member
    from ky

I haven't gotten around to messing with it yet, and I may not since it really isn't that big of a deal to me at this moment. When I get some free time I will probably tinker with it and see what results I get. I am happy with its performance, but that will give me something to tinker with I have nothing else to do.

I wonder if perhaps the chute is the main cause for the clumping, if not the main cause it could perhaps make it worse. I don't use it except when there is something I don't want grass all over, or worse a rock through a window.
  10. 12thKY

12thKY LawnSite Member
    from ky

More pics. This is from a repo house I cut, every two weeks. This was cut today after raining all morning.