Bad Boy vs Dixie Chopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Smitty58, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have any experience with these 2 ztr's. I am running Scag wb's but the pistol grips are killing me so thinking about a Z. I like the way both of these look but don't know anything about either of them.

2. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

bad boy crushes the competition in bang for the buck. What price range are you looking at?

3. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Keep with the Scag name. You can't go wrong.

4. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search. I have demoed a bad boy and have run dixies for years in my opinion dixie for now is superior!

5. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

I have demoed bad boys and they are ok machines but dixie's I have used for years and they are very good and trouble free machines! Make sure you have good dealer support!

6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

The Dixies run and cut fine here. I hear few complaints from owners. They haven't won any beauty contest, but neither has Badboy.

7. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

I agree on the beauty contest with the exception of the new Silver Eagle HP! that thing is sharp at least brand new it is! It might not after it gets dirty!

8. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Sold my Scag Tiger Cub for Walker Last year, unless you have only Large areas to mow, IMO both waste of money. The Walkers take 11 decks 2 pins (GHS or SD decks) Diesel/Gas, liquid/air cooled 31hpmax soon 38hp, I have Commercial accounts that are 15acres, gas stations, resturants, Gated yards that are 42" or less that open up to massive yards 5 acres Walker does them all (try that with a 48"Scag or Dixie Chopper). The Controls on a Walker are awesome two fingers not arms or hands fingers, cruise control holds forward speed at all times, no more fatigue. I could never sustain the max forward mowing speed with my Scag, poor cut quality, my kidneys hurt, sore butt, etc. Hence the Dixie Choppers are for large areas only they are just cumbersome heavy. Have you looked at the Walkers yet?

9. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

Top of the mornin to ya boys.:laugh:

10. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

I havent been on all day. Just got back from OKC. Just thought id say hey. I see somebody went and started another Bad Boy thread. LOL!