Bad Boy vs Exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerman11, Aug 19, 2010.

1. No, this isn't another which mower is better thread. I was at my Exmark dealer today, who started selling Bad Boy mowers maybe 1 year ago. They told me they have sold 17-19 Exmarks this year and around 55 Bad Boys. I just thought that was interesting and would make for some great debate...Ha Ha. Personally I like the Exmark, I have heard mixed reviews on Bad Boy. Some love it and some hate it. I have heard enough haters to keep me away though. I'm guessing most of those Bad Boys are going to home owners though, because I don't think i've ever seen a lco using them here. Everyone around here has either scag or exmark, with a few grasshoppers, kubotas, and dixie choppers in the mix.

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I havent heard anything good about Bad Boy. Exmark is very popular around here.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  3. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

If you have the money...

I don't think anything beats an eXmark.

But with that said, I've heard the BB's have got great bang for the buck...I just can't stand the way they look!

4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

If I ever got to where I couldn't afford an Exmark, I'ld break down and buy a Scag, other than that I'ld just stay home.

5. mbrew

mbrew LawnSite Senior Member

I think that boxy appearance is a big part what turns a lot of people off, but its also what makes it more inexpensive to manufacture and so easy to service.

6. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

prices must be different in different parts of the country.

around here toro and exmark are the cheapest when it comes to price.

i personally think nothing beats them (not saying they are necessarly better just equal to anything else on the market) when it comes to quality but for price alone i wouldn't touch a scag, walker, wright stander or any other brand. those brands are just to expensive for not being any better than exmark or toro.

7. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

Pound for pound scag is more expensive than exmark in my experience....also better

8. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Its the Ford verse Chevy thing I like Exmark but I also see a great machine in Scag, John Deere, and several others. Most every commercial mower company builds a good machine with its strong points. What it comes down to for most guys is how they like the way something drives or opperates ad dealer support. I have Exmark because I like the ECS controls but I really like the Snapper mowers for the price points and I really like the Scags because of the local dealer support. Like I said before make sure you like your dealer.

9. Grubrunner

Grubrunner LawnSite Member

Looks that way to me....

10. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

It really depends on where you live and what kind of grass you cut. If you are just mowing and blowing big wide open lawns the BadBoy is pretty much even with Exmark only it's faster, and better in the hills ( BB OUTLAW ).

If your cutting northern grasses, I give the edge to Exmark. I use both on a daily basis. The BB Outlaw rides better than the Exmark also. The Exmark has a lighter footprint for mushy lawns than the Outlaw. I like having both for different applications. Ideally I would prefer a JD MOD deck over both, but JD rips people off parts wise up here.