Bad Boy ZTR at Tractor Supply.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lazer 46, Feb 6, 2008.

1. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

Walked into my local TSC store today and there sat a Bad Boy ZTR. Didn't really look it over. I know it had a 26 Briggs on it. How long has Bad Boy been at TSC stores?

2. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

They were selling them at the TSC in Ponca City, OK. last year. I don't know how long before that. I think what you saw is the homeowner model.

3. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

I saw one here last week. It's been a couple of years since I have seen one of their commercial models, but I do not think it looked as stout, and although I cannot remember the price I think it would have been at the top of homeowner line.

4. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

Bad Boy has been working with TSC for a little over a year I believe. The model they have is commercial. Bad Boy doesn't make any homeowner models anymore. It has the 26hp Briggs ELS, ZT2800 transaxles, a 60" deck, and 14.5 gallons of fuel capacity. That's the only model TSC carries, so if you want the 23hp Vanguard or different cuts, or a higher end model, you have to go to your dealer.

5. lazer 46

The one I saw today was $5000

6. Mowinforaliving

Does it have the commercial air filter on the engine, 24" back tires?

7. Mowinforaliving

That's the homeowner model, or more less. It's goes 7mph vs. 13 and 15 mph because the hydro pumps are different. The tires are alot smaller too, which make it ride rougher than cooter brown. I think the deck is the same thickness though. That 26hp engine is air cooled too and doesnt have the big canister style commercial air filter on it.

8. lazer 46

I really didn't look . I only noticed the price tag.

9. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

It doesn't come standard with the canister filter, but I imagine it's an option on it. The drive tires are 20".

10. Mowinforaliving

Trust me, spend $1500 more and get something commercial grade if you're going to mow commercially with it. There's a guy in my town who bought the one youre talking about and brought it out to where I was mowing with my Lightning Z to compare differences. There's no comparison between the 2. He pointed out all of those things to me that I just mentioned to you and told me he regretted going with the one he bought. He mows commercially and felt like an ediot.