1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bad Boy ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smaggard, Jun 1, 2006.

1. smaggard

smaggard LawnSite Member

I am looking for commercial quality ZTR for residential mowing of about 4.5 hours. Any advice on the Bad Boy Pup Mowers, 27HP Kohler w/ 48" deck. This is one impressive looking machine. Also looking at the Kubota ZG 20.

I really liked the Simplicity Citation but no one seems to be using them. I think I have looked at every ZTR on the market and the Bad Boy seems to be the heaviest built, but I like the Shaft drive on the Kubota, and 4 wheel IS on the Simplicity.

Totally confused, HELP!!!!!!
  2. TriplePLandscaping

TriplePLandscaping LawnSite Member

the shop next door to my dealer sells bad boy, my mechanic was telling me they are made in Korea by LG the electronics company. but he says hes seen many customers bringing them back in for service. im just saying they really havent been proven out in the field, b/c i havent heard from many lco's running these machines.
  3. smaggard

smaggard LawnSite Member

According to the BadBoy website, they are manufactured in Batesville Arkansas. Thanks for the input!!
  4. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

No, there not even close to being made in Korea. I have personally drove by the shop in Batesville.
  5. Rhinox29

Rhinox29 LawnSite Member

I have a 52 inch Badboy Pup with a 27 hp. kohler ( will flat out fly). I have been running this for about 2 months now. I have had no problems as of yet and I really love this machine. I looked at several different ZTR's, and yes they have not been around as long as some but I am very happy with it. I would by another with no hesitation. Oh and yes They are built in Batesville, Arkansas.
  6. Pumper

Pumper LawnSite Member

Bad Boy builds a mower for Montana Tractor and private labels it for them. The Montana Tractor is made by LG Cable in Korea and shipped to Arkansas for final assembly. The Bad Boy mowers are definitely manufacturered and assembled in Batesville, AR.
  7. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

So, since you haven't heard from many LCO's running them, that automatically means they are unproven?
  8. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Never even heard of one.
  9. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

i like the way they look, and i think that they would be a tough mower. Wish i could demo one....
  10. TriplePLandscaping

TriplePLandscaping LawnSite Member

yes that does mean they are unproven to me, since i havent seen/heard of them being used in the field, i was saying from personal experience which is what almost everything on this site is, personal experience.