1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bad Boy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by primecutmo, Mar 4, 2004.

1. primecutmo

primecutmo LawnSite Member
    from SWMO

What do you guys think of the Bad Boy mowers vs the Dixie Chopper
  2. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

How far would you have to go to get the Badboy worked on compared to the Dixie.

No dealer for Badboy here, so it's a no brainer...
  3. primecutmo

from SWMO

The Dixie Chopper dealer in my town is aslo a Bad Boy dealer. Im just trying to decide between the two. Im going to demo them next week when he gets the Bad Boys in. It looks like with the Bad Boy you get more for your money. It has many more standard features over the Dixie. I was wondering if anyone has had problems with the Bad Boys.
  4. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

IMO you should place the value on the dependbility of the machine not so much the price.

I don't own either but I know a lot of guys who run the Dixie, and they really like them. From what others here have said in the past they (Dixie) have the best hydraulic system of them all.

Do a search on the Dixie (use to be a big debate on this site a few years ago about them and the Exmark).

Also demo demo demo.
  5. primecutmo

from SWMO

i decided on the bad boy. it was the best deal for the money with the liquid cooled engine and many other features over the dixie chopper. i have run it 13.5 hrs now and i love it. it has plenty of power and stripes the best i have seen without a striping kit.
  6. msloop77

msloop77 LawnSite Member

Which model BadBoy did you purchase? They seem to be a great product, we don't have a single dealer in Colorado, so I would have to get mine dropped shipped. I was only looking at a 48inch or 52 with the 25hp/27hp. Any thing to stay away from, if I got one of these mowers. thanks, mark
  7. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

I just started out on the side, and bought an XG2703-60 Dixie and had it delivered last week. Tested it last fall and it made the "Bad Boy" look like a bad piece of overrated garbage...no where near the deck tourque
  8. Willmow4dough

Willmow4dough LawnSite Member

We've cut with both on demos and I have to say the Bad Boy is Bad Ass. They weigh quite a bit so they stripe well and they're fast. Also the BB is built tough (1/4" deck) wow! The Dixie didn't cut well and also looked like a steel box. Big fan of the Bad Boy, although we only run Exmark.
  9. aperfectlawn

aperfectlawn LawnSite Member

Would't a lot of weight be bad for the lawn?
  10. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Just saw one of these at a trade show. What a beast! They claim 15mph forward speed. Hope that suspension seat works. I really liked the features they offered and the price was even better. Construction of the unit looked extremely tough. It had a pretty wide stance, but the center of gravity LOOKED kinda high. Would like to demo one on a hill I have to mow if it handles that I'll be sold. Just so long the dealer would promise overnight parts delivery and service.