Bad boys, bad boys, What you gonna' do?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by SodKing, Jan 3, 2004.

1. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

The Massachusetts Attorney General's Office, with guidance and technical assistance from the Pesticide Bureau, reached a large settlement ($100,000) with a national pest control company (Terminix) after evidence was found indicating that consumers were being unnecessarily charged for pest control services (including exterior carpenter ant treatments) in the winter months

2. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Funny they (Terminix) are owned by Servicemaster, the same co. that owns Truegreen. Notice a pattern?

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

4. John B Laidlaw

John B Laidlaw LawnSite Member

This from a company that will do applications in driving rain storms, leaf/snow covered lawns, dormant oil sprays below 30 degrees and pretty much when ever and where ever. I know because I had to do it all in the name of revenue! Gotta make those goals boys!! One day's operation in their market will pay that fine and they still will make a profit. Sad.
    J

5. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Aggreed, the AG should have made it hurt so they would not do it again.

6. John B Laidlaw

John B Laidlaw LawnSite Member

:angry: It burns my butt when I hear this sort of thing. We have reputations in this area to up-hold! Believe me when I say that is state gov't had the man power to police the big guys, then there would be a slew of citations and reprimands issued. I have seen splills occur that would make national news yet it never makes it to the publics attention. Training is the key and a more concerted effort on the part of the leaders of these big LCO's to do what is right not what some paper-pusher wants to propel they're carreer.
    J

7. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

$100k to the same people that own tru green is like charging a small lco $100.00

Should have been at least 1,000,000