1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bad check collections

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EDL, Apr 16, 2000.

1. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Deliberately writing rubber cheques over here<br>is fraud.The cops here dont do much obout bad<br>cheques though.Try a debt collection agency<br>to frighten the **** out of them.I use one <br>here and they send this huge Moari guy with<br>a tatooed face to get the money.Works every<br>time.<p>Karl<br>
  2. Gus

Gus LawnSite Member

When this happens to me I find that dicking around with the legal system is a waste of time. I just take something of theirs &quot;hostage&quot; . A customer with a brand new Ducati sitting in his driveway once gave me a bad check. On the next cut I loaded his bike on my trailer and left him an invoice reflecting this fact. Got cash about an hour after he got the bill and dumped him as a customer. Failing that option their yard becomes my personal leaf dump/ snow stacking test faclity. I prefer the direct approach thus the harsh tactics.