bad check valve? hydro pump

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by grass disaster, Jun 23, 2008.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

my left side on my everride warrior has been giving out. today it became undriveable.

it would act up. it would be fine one min bad the next. could this be a bad check valve. the dealer was just looking into it.

would this require a whole new pump? i hope not. it's a HYDRO-GREAR pump. i was told they were around $500.

2. lzrj

lzrj LawnSite Member

I was having trouble with my left one giving out as well. It would get weak and I would hear a grinding sound. I thought mine was the pump but it wasnt. It was the belt that was slipping. The new belt size fixed the problem.

3. grass disaster

not so lucky. dealer said the pump is shot.

about $1100 to fix....trying to get warante. the pump only has 100 hours on it but i bought it at an auction so

4. crawford_d

crawford_d LawnSite Member

You might try talking to Hydro Services in Roland, Iowa they will fix any thing that is called Hydro. 1-515-388-4096

5. grass disaster

well... with about 50-60 phone calls later they( hydro-gear) is going to warante the parts($570). they wanted to just replace the bad parts but my dealer is going to try and get a whole new unit. i said there is no way you are going to be able to put that pump together correctly...he agreed and was going to push for a whole new unit.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

A pump is not difficult to replace on a Scag...it took me about 6 hours and I drained the entire system down to the wheel motors on both sides and replaced all the hoess and obviously the filter.

7. freedm2

freedm2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Was it difficult to get Hydro-Gear to replace under warranty? I heard the pumps warranties by EverRide and not hydro-gear. I'm thinking of buying a new, non-warrantied Warrior but the lack of warranty on the pumps worries me.