1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

bad co-worker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ince8728, Jul 22, 2004.

1. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

Ok everyone, so I've been working full time for a Prefessional Landscaper and this is my secone year with him. Anyway, he highered three new helpers, and they are desent for summer help but one of them is just an absolute d*ck. We always are busting eachothers chops but this guy takes it too far sometimes but specifically to me. I am younger than he is but I am way more experienced, now don't get me wrong I am not whining to all of you, i'm just asking for some advice, i've been holding my toung for a while now but have come close to just going off on him. What should I do?

- Matt

2. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

Need to know what the arguement is about give us an example.

3. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

If it's a us against them or you against me, you will never win. Change it to a him and you against the world.

4. CuttersCove

CuttersCove LawnSite Member

How much older is he?

5. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

thats easy....WHOOP HIS ASS!

trevor

6. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Make your boss aware of the "friction" between u 2. Ask him for suggestions or advise on it. Let him know your there to work and this co worker shouldnt make your time working for him uncomfortable for you.

7. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Deffinitly the route to take...If nothing happens then.....Take my advice from above

trevor

8. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

it's somewhat more like him giving me greef and i don't want to do anythin to cause more friction. (usually i would of taken action and set him straight but it's a professional environment so i'm trying to act professional and shake it off, but every day; it gets old after a while) I'm only a year younger, but is it possible that he doesn't like taking orders from someone who is younger yet more experienced? Trevor I have thought about it but I don't want to loose my job over some scum bag. (PJS lawncare i was throwing the idea around but i don't want my boss to put it as if I said it if my boss talked to this guy about it you know).

9. Mr_Marc

Mr_Marc LawnSite Member

Good post = Not

Violence is a no no. Well maby if you work in the post office.

10. Ray & Karen

Ray & Karen LawnSite Member

Hold your head up high and press on with pride. He may be envious of you. You will grow out of letting issues like this bother you.