1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bad coil on Red Max trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lazer 46, Aug 2, 2005.

1. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I have two Red Max 2500 trimmers. One is 4 yrs. old the other is 5 yrs. old. I alternate using them . Last year the oldest one needed a new coil. This year the newer one needs a coil and it is back ordered. Anybody else have this problem? Otherwise they have been trouble free. And my dealer says they are out of warranty. I thought i read somewhere that Red Max had a lifetime warranty on there coils. Anybody know anything about this. The manual does not say this part is warranted for life.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We have had no problem with redmax unless you mean the screws work there way loose,if our trimmers were 5 seasons old man they are gone we trade every other seasons there as been times we keep them that long but they have not been run hard.
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

This years catalog states that the coils have a lifetime warranty, don't know about previous years though.
  4. davhul

davhul LawnSite Member
    from Gray,Ga

If used without a grass guard "slingin to much line"would cuase it to over heat causes coil to premature failure.