Bad crash

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by JD657757, Nov 11, 2006.

1. JD657757

JD657757 LawnSite Member
    from chicago

About a week ago I ran a red light and I t boned a car going through the intersection. The frame on my silverado is bent pretty bad. I thought that when there is frame damage the truck should be totaled. However the guy from the body shop says he can fix it. What do you guys think?
  2. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

I ran a pink titled dodge 1/2(89) plow/ 2nd lawn / tree truck for years. I just retired it last snow saeson(05) plow pump went out and crab gasket. and I have a newer plow truck(90)
  3. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you should have stopped at the red light:waving: . J/K

Stuff like that happens and todays body shops can do wonders on junk cars
  4. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

lazer frame straightners can do wonders. on my 99 2500 chevy when I lived in florida a buy in a f150 turned across in front of me. I hit him square in the rear axle and separted his axle from his truck. the front clip of my truck was a mess, but the the body shop did great and youd never know it was in an accident.. when I sold the truck I disclosed about the accident and had all the records, the guy who baught it couldn't beleive it was wrecked...

Its all about the body shop.

Not gonna preach, but aroudn here red light running is such a common place. Gotta stop...and think and slow down....

Got any pics...
  5. JD657757

JD657757 LawnSite Member
    from chicago

The worst part is the person I hit was a police officer while he was in a patrol car. Every cop from the town was there.
  6. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

So you ran a red light and hit a squad car? That sucks...everyone o.k.? Bod shops can do wonders on cars these days, if it's not a bad bend, it can be fixed.
  7. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Wow thats goes from bad to worse right there...
  8. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I ran a stop sign 2 years ago and got nailed buy a suburban just behind my rear tire in my nissan frontier crew cab. I woke up in the fetal position on the passanger side window. $8500 worth of damage and you cann't tell. Entire passanger side was replaced and the whole bed. How were you feeling after? bet it hurt a little.
  9. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was in auto body business before i started landscaping. Yes they can fix it to factory specs. The new laser systems are true, it might even fit better than it did before. In any business new technology is hard to beat.
  10. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Dang, what are the odds of THAT!?