Bad Customer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by longislandlawn, Apr 17, 2013.

1. longislandlawn

longislandlawn LawnSite Member

I service a doctors office weekly.Have been doing them for a while. Always liked my work, gave me a Christmas bonus this year. I agreed to do a cleanup today for them.When I showed up at 8am there was one the big companies in town there doing the cleanup. I was very angry so speed off. No phone calls saying not to come ,I called the office later on , and they said that the doctor, is bartering with the owner of the big landscaping company, because he has no health insurance, so he is giving him free treatments in exchange for landscape work. The reason they didn't call me was because they claim they didn't know until yesterday. What do think about all of this, after we agreed again this year for lawn cuts and cleanups , less than a week ago.Going behind my back, and getting someone else. I am really angry.

2. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

that's just disrespectful. You're gonna have to let it go; nothing good will come out of it. Look forward.

3. trock

trock LawnSite Senior Member

Big company and no health care????

4. lazyike

lazyike LawnSite Senior Member

I would have ended the conversation with... (probably dont have liability Ins. either)..... See Ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hate to be the first to say it, but where is your contract with the good doctor?
    I use to let some people slide with out signing a contract, but not any more even the little old lady's go under contract.

6. Why not try to be understanding and put yourself in the other lawn care guy's shoes? You would only hope that you could find a doctor who would barter with you if you were in the same situation. It sounds like your doctor client has a big heart. Things will come back around for you if you don't part ways acting like an ass. I would talk to your contact in person at the doctor's office and say that you understand and that you will be ready to resume service for them whenever they need you.

7. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

All the great advice is all fine and dandy but in a lot of cases you first have to wait and see how understanding you are when it happens to you with one of your clients, however when it does happen unfortunately it is best to eat crud and ask nicely whether they'd still like your services.

That's the best way.
    I didn't say it was easy, but I would refrain from giving them the boot,
    mostly because I found out that has a nasty way of backfiring later.

But I can tell you, when push comes to shove and I have to decide between one job gets done and the other one does not, the most loyal customers tend to get nearer the top of the list in that regard... And maybe in this case, say six months down the road I have two jobs but only enough time to do one, SOMEONE gets to wait another day?

8. dnc19694339

dnc19694339 LawnSite Member

HaHa, The big guys are not always making the BIG money !!!

9. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Quit crying about it and move on.

10. orlawncaresvc

orlawncaresvc LawnSite Senior Member

They did only a clean up for him right? You still have him as a regular customer? Suck it up and be happy you still have them as a mowing customer. I mean I probably would of been ******* outraged myself. But as long as I got the long term work its all good.
    Posted via Mobile Device