bad day for trees

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboy82, May 14, 2001.

1. hey all. i called up a customer today that i do a lot of work for. so i asked him how he was doing and he said much better now. so i asked him what was wrong and he said he had heard that a tree guy had gotten killed and he thought it may have been me. just shows that some people really care. but this one guy. he was i believe 25 years old. was finishing up pruning or taking down this tree (last branch) and was up about 50 feet. well the branch that he cut shot up "knocking him out of his saddle" the guy fell 50 feet and died over the weekend. this was about 20 minutes from my house. right by where my mother works. this happened at a private home. any of you guys climb? i do my fair share of tree work. so something like this really hits home. also for those of you who get tci i was wondering if you remember that guy a few months ago who got crushed by the tree. he had gone to look at it. didnt even touch it or anything. thing just fell right on him and killed him. i know another guy. the guy who won that wood chuck chipper maybe 3 years ago at the tci expo. you gotta hear his story: house burned down 2 times, 1 or 2 motorcycle accidents where he almost cut off his leg, 1 chainsaw accident almost cut off his leg, had to save the best one for last though: got run over by a bulldozer. small one. only reason he lived was that there was so much mud on the tracks. yes he got run over by the tracks.