Bad Day Today!!!! (mess)

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by GroundEffects125, Mar 31, 2008.

1. GroundEffects125

GroundEffects125 LawnSite Senior Member

Let me tell u that happen.... well today i was at my local nursey picking up a goose 45 ft neck trailer with 1000+ bails of pine staw with my truck today.. I gave the keys to one of the nursry helper who do work around the nursey while i went inside an wrote the owner a check. I come back out look to make sure its hooked up an pull out onto the main highway.. To get onto the high way u have to first drive across on coming traffic... So when the coast is clear i take off.. While i hang a hard left turn the trailer flipps off the truck. like comes off and flips to it side and straw goes across 3 lanes of traffic. An on top of that it s 5 o clock traffic .. People said traffic was stopped for 7 miles.. It was a mess,, i just finished the clean up with 5 men an 3 trucks an trailer ...

The lesson learned is you cant trust anyone to hook up your trailer an to always double check peoples work.. I WILL NEVER HAVE THAT HAPPEN AGAIN I HOPE ...

2. kubotab7200

kubotab7200 LawnSite Member
    from Newkirk

man that sucks i hope that never happens to me
  3. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

pics???? please
  4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

damn!! always check your trailer!!
  5. GroundEffects125

had no time for pics it made the news an im sure the it will be in the news paper an ill scan it.........
  6. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

It could've been a lot worse, someone could have been seriously injured so, thank goodness for that not happening.
  7. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Are you sure it was an improper hookup that caused it to flip? Maybe it was loaded too topheavy to take that hard turn---unless I'm just reading it wrong.
  8. GroundEffects125

Yes that is right
  9. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

get some tickets? what about the nursery helper?
  10. GroundEffects125

Nope no tickets at all thank god.. The only problem the cop had was the TAG! was expired out off all things..