Bad day today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DLCS, Jul 11, 2003.

1. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I was just finishing up the last lawn for the day and this happened. The guy across the street backed his Toyota pick-up out of his driveway and right into my truck which was parked on the opposite side of the street. What really sucks is that I usually use my work truck to pull the trailer but the alternator went out in it so I just decided to use my new truck today. Oh well just had to vent a little anyone else have a bad day?

2. DLCS

opps here is the pic.

truck door.jpg

3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Ouch! Oh well, stuff happens. I was driving home from vacation in my truck and when I was about 130 miles from home, the transmission went out :angry: Had to tow it all the way home, that was $350, insurance covered $100 though. The thing that really made me mad was that the tranny was only 2 years old, you'd think it would last longer than that just towing 1500 lbs weekly and not plowing during the winter. Sorry about your misfortune.

4. Ouuuuuccchhhh!!

That rotten MF %@ &*$$%&@ .

Feel better now?

Just think while it's getting fixed you could be driving this nice brand new rental I am using.

5. statman

statman LawnSite Senior Member

Not trying to be a Monday morning QB, but I try not to park across from a driveway. I parked across from one and I watched a lady back out of her drive and miss my truck but inches.

6. DLCS

LMAO, Yep, I'll have a new rental truck to drive, courtesy of his insurance company.:D

7. DLCS

Well, I try not to too, but sometimes you have to. This perticular customer has a large curve in front of his house and you can't park there. So, this was the next best spot.

8. NorrisG

NorrisG LawnSite Member

I went out to check on my cows last month and found my bull in a ditch. We tried to rouse him out and once he did move he charged us!! We ran and jumped into the back of the truck and he charged the truck!!! Hit it once in the side and again on the bumper! :dizzy:
    Never posted pics before, but I'll give it a try...

truckdent6-03-2.jpg

9. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

That is a real bummer but at least you were not hurt. I know that doesn't seem to mean much but you health is a lot more important then a truck.

Gravely_Man

10. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

I know exactly how you feel. Only I had somone back into my trailer, messed up his car more than the trailer. But that poor trailer was ill fated. Not two weeks after that happened, I had the trailer (empty with no equipment Thank God!) hooked up to my truck at a semi-truck stop getting diesel. A big rig came around the corner and I guess he must not have seen it, cause he smashed into the trailer and absolutely trashed it to bits. I was so shocked I just stood there. He did miss the truck though, and he felt awful about it, and gave me $2000 in cash to replace it, so I wasnt to mad.

:cool: