1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bad day!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GrazerZ, Jan 16, 2006.

1. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

1. Discovered that my 16" landscape trailer was stolen from A job site this morning.
    2. Insurance company says dosen't cover if its off site.
    3. Fell on the ice, hit my wrist elbow and hip. Hurts now, going to really hurt tomarrow.
    4. remains to be seen....

Know what they say? can only get better!:rolleyes:
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

So the trailer was only covered if at your place of business, not at a job site?
  3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

That's kind of f'ing stupid, since where ever the jobsite is is where the place of business is.. Time for a real insurance company. That'd be like, if your car is parked somewhere, like say the grocery store and you come out and it's been stolen.. Oh, Sorry, not covered, not at your house... Like, WTF do they think a car is for? If it was to just sit in at home in your driveway, it'd be a sofa.
  4. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

And heres the other line they gave me:
    "we will submit the claim, but, its not a tool and its not equiptment. so unless its a rider on your policy they probably will not cover it"
    If nothing else the tools in the tool box will be covered. I was going to replace it this year anyway. Have to stay positive ya know.
  5. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

Sounds like it's time to find one of them there Attorneys that gives free consultations too me.
  6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Is the trailer covered under your auto owners?
  7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Sounds like you need a new agent.

Mine has always made sure the trailers are a seperate item on the policy.
  8. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I dont think anybody could have said it better.....That is funny.

My agent set up policies to specifically cover, trucks, trailers, tools, equipment over 5,000, anything and everything that might grow legs and wander off is covered. Somebody is not looking out for you.